Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > Rock Island Armory CS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2365 Times on 1476 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Okay, I have thread up already about the issues I'm having with my 1911.

I just got off the phone with customer service there, I spoke with Shawn and the fella from shipping. I'm sending my pistol to them in the am.
This will be my review of their customer service throughout my experience. So far I was treated nicely over the phone. I'm told to expect 3-4 weeks from them receiving the firearm to it being returned. This works nicely as I'm headed for the boat in the am as well.

I will keep this thread updated as time progresses, all contact made with RIA and my thoughts about it. I have heard good things about them, so I am confident in them. Stay tuned folks.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2012, 12:47 AM   #2

Received the email with the postage for the package. Shipping and insurance paid by the company. Very nice.

Oh dern....

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #3

Wife put off the package at FedEx yesterday.

Oh dern....

Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #4

Pistol was received December 4, 2012, will be home by Monday. January 7, 2013.

Work completed;

Recoil spring- replaced
Extractor- replaced
Reliability tune up
Reamed chamber, throated barrel
Polished all internals.
Fired to test

Asked to change sights, they only had the GI sights there, will have to have that done by a local smith.

Also said that they were sending a goody bag, excited to have it home.

I was told 3-4 weeks to have it back, not long over that at all, very friendly people. Happy so far, will be positive when it's home.

Oh dern....

orangello Likes This