MidwayUSA, this is why I don't even look elsewhere.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > MidwayUSA, this is why I don't even look elsewhere.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 03:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default MidwayUSA, this is why I don't even look elsewhere.

From "State of the Business" email sent out this morning:

Quote:
Dear Valued Customer,

In the spring of ‘77, I left the Air Force and moved to Columbia, MO to pursue my dream of running a gun shop. You see, I’d always loved the outdoors; especially shooting and hunting. Some of my fondest childhood memories involve shooting and hunting with my dad and brothers. Then, as an adult, some of my greatest joys have come while shooting and hunting with my wife, my kids, my friends and now my grandkids. I love this industry, I love our way of life and I love serving Customers.
Now, our way of life is being challenged like never before and our Customers are responding with a flood of orders. In the 35 years I’ve been in business, I’ve never seen anything like this.
We’re monitoring the political environment, our industry’s capabilities and our business on a daily basis and making policy and process changes to better serve Customers. But please understand, while we’re still able to get most orders out the same day they’re placed, you may experience longer than normal wait times on the phone or when you chat with us on the web. Also, it’s taking us a few extra days to respond to emails. Finally, we’re out of a bunch of products I know you want which breaks my heart. And when we do get them in, they rarely spend the night in the building because they’re ordered almost immediately. We’re tirelessly working to get products in the door and out to Customers as fast as we can. But, until supply catches up with demand, we’re having to limit quantities and backorders on certain products.
One thing we haven’t done is change our prices because of this surge in demand. Prices do change from time to time as they always have, but we’d never change prices because of something like this. Our pricing strategy is one of the reasons we’ve put quantity limits on certain products. We’ve all seen certain products selling two or three times higher than normal, and MidwayUSA doesn’t want to enable that type of activity. Also, we want to serve as many Customers as possible when we receive high-demand products. If it’s any consolation, none of our Employees can order products with quantity limits (myself included). We’ve all agreed to put Customers first. And that’s the way it’ll always be at MidwayUSA.
As always, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers and we’re eternally grateful for your patience and loyalty.
Thanks for Your Business!

Larry Potterfield,
Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2013, 04:27 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21210 Times on 12041 Posts
Likes Given: 52918

thanks Weibel. i like doing business with Midway as well. perfect service, very good pricing and fast shipping at a decent price. they are my first choice for all my firearm needs.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Love their products and service; can't beat their range bags!

Old 02-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

A great company.

My go-to parts and such.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello
People Like This 
Old 02-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5499 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

been orderign from them for years. great customer service and their webstore is superb. i love their shopping cart features with its wishlist.

brownells is the polar opposite. its hell to find anything related to your search criteria on there.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 02-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 253 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Got the same E-mail. Larry Potterfield is a gentleman of the old school. I watch the Midway sponsored shooting programs religiously. I even enjoy his commercials.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-26-2013, 12:29 AM   #7

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
thanks Weibel. i like doing business with Midway as well. perfect service, very good pricing and fast shipping at a decent price. they are my first choice for all my firearm needs.
What he ^ said-

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 02-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #8

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Sorry, but if things are selling at elevated prices in auctions, then that's what their market value is. Midway simply thinks that loosing out on money now is trade-able for customer loyalty. Personally, I'll buy from whoever delivers the product for the lowest price. Period.

This concept of price gouging or scalping is actually the traditional market mechanism for bringing more producers and product to market. Selling gas at $10 a gallon to an area hit by a storm and has no access to gas, is efficiently allocating those scarce resources to those who need it most. After all, money isn't food, and it isn't a way to do work. It's NOT a resource. It's the mechanism by which we allocate resources to the most productive and the most in need.

Accept this fact now and you'll be a lot happier in the long run.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 03-05-2013, 01:20 AM   #9

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

midway just cut the NRA $1,000,000 check.

Quote:
One million is an attention-getting number, no matter what the circumstances. At MidwayUSA, Brenda and I - along with the MidwayUSA Employees - have celebrated a good many 'one million' milestones during the last 35+ years.
In 1983, our seventh year in business, we reached the milestone of one million dollars in business during a single calendar year. 2008 was the first year we filled one million orders for our Customers. In 2012 your NRA "Round-Up" contributions, through MidwayUSA, exceeded one million dollars during that single year. Please note that NRA "Round-Up" contributions come from you, our Customers, and each week since 1992 we have sent your contributions directly to the NRA/ILA National Endowment for the Protection of the 2nd Amendment. Our Customers should get all the credit for that, we just collect and remit your money. Now, in March of 2013 came another milestone to celebrate - one million active Customers - Customers who have ordered from MidwayUSA during the last twelve months. For a country kid from Missouri, that's an amazing milestone.
I believe our vision to be the best-run, most-respected business in America, for the benefit of our Customers, our family values and our relentless pursuit of Customer Satisfaction are what brought us to this milestone of one million active Customers. Brenda and I, along with all the Employees at MidwayUSA, thank you very much for your support.
As you might imagine, we gave quite a bit of thought as to how we could celebrate. Should we choose our one millionth active Customer and give he or she a special gift? Well, we could have done that, but all of our Customers are equally important, not just the one who put us over the top. Then someone came up with the idea that we should donate $1 to the NRA for each of our active Customers. Well, let's see, what is $1 times one million?
And so it was! On Monday morning about 10am, when we went over one million active Customers, MidwayUSA authorized our bank to send a wire transfer of one million dollars to the NRA/ILA National Endowment for the Protection of the 2nd Amendment; because we can and because we should.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

People Like This 
Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 AM   #10

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Midway is my go to usually unless i find a deal. Never again will i even look at CtD, bunch of scum