love Hornady!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > love Hornady!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Default love Hornady!

I'm sure moat of you have already heard about Hornadys customer service but I'm gonna brag about them some more. So the situation:

I bought a shell holder from bass pro last weekend. A hornady #45 for my 45 acp reloads. I got home and slid the holder into my press then tried to slide a case in.....nothing. wouldn't fit. Seems like the piece was machined a couple thousands of an inch too narrow. So I called Hornady today and after only 5 min on hold I explained what happened. They got my address and name and told me they would ship a replacement part asap. So cool!!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2985 Times on 1711 Posts
Likes Given: 17615

Also love "Hornady".!

I really like the "Hornady-ammo" , but when going from regular .45-70 cases to
the ,"LEVERevolution" , .45-70 GOVT. , 325 gr. FTX , it's a whole other set up!

Got to be at least (.125) difference in case size , a real pain in the butt !

Do you re- load the .45-70,s ?

Old 02-06-2013, 01:44 AM   #3

I don't do 45-70..... 45 ACP

Old 02-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5499 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

I load the 45-70 and bought two boxes of their lever revolution ammo for a great price. I wont be getting any more. That was close to using blackpowder with all the debris that was left in the gun. Groups at 100 were 4-5 inches. With handloads my marlin is a moa shooter. Then i find out the brass is waaaay short. Such a huge jump to the lands its no wonder the accuracy is crap.

But i like a lot of their bullets for reloading and hunting i just refuse to by their loaded ammo. Its not the only hornady factory ammo ive had trouble with in factory rifle loads. Their pistol ammo works well is very very accurate and shoots clean. Its like two different factories making their products. I use hornady for my defensive handguns.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-06-2013 at 01:29 PM.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #5

I think they do have multiple factories. But I'm a handgun shooter. The only two rifles I have require Russian ammo lol. I havnt found any american factory made ammo for them

Old 02-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 870 Times on 418 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Hornady Rocks!!

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

dango Likes This 
Old 02-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Any one shoot Hornady 7mm mag 139 BTSP ?

I have tried it in 2 different guns and both take extra force to lock the bolt down?

Old 02-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5499 Times on 2871 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
I think they do have multiple factories. But I'm a handgun shooter. The only two rifles I have require Russian ammo lol. I havnt found any american factory made ammo for them
winchester makes pretty good 7.62 x39 and x54r in their noncorrosive reloadable brass cased offerings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyderay44 View Post
Any one shoot Hornady 7mm mag 139 BTSP ?

I have tried it in 2 different guns and both take extra force to lock the bolt down?
hornady rifle ammo is pretty crappy. most of it, ive found, is out of spec in some fashion. if the bolt isnt closing that means either the headspace isnt right as in the shoulder too far forward or the case isnt sized right or the bullet is seated too far out. ive seen all three of those instances in various hornady rifle ammo. in the case of their 45-70 the cases arent anywhere near long enough.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

dango Likes This 
Old 02-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #9

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

I just went to the range and shot all of my defense ammo Speer gold dots in 40 it was gettin old so when I went to get more after the range they were out the guy behind the counter recommended hornady critical defense 166g with the ballistic tip. Any one have experience with this ammo

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 02-07-2013, 01:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
I just went to the range and shot all of my defense ammo Speer gold dots in 40 it was gettin old so when I went to get more after the range they were out the guy behind the counter recommended hornady critical defense 166g with the ballistic tip. Any one have experience with this ammo
Great ammo. Havnt tried 40 but my 45s run like a charm