Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Company Review Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f167/)
-   -   love Hornady! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f167/love-hornady-83457/)

potentialglock 02-05-2013 03:31 PM

love Hornady!

I'm sure moat of you have already heard about Hornadys customer service but I'm gonna brag about them some more. So the situation:

I bought a shell holder from bass pro last weekend. A hornady #45 for my 45 acp reloads. I got home and slid the holder into my press then tried to slide a case in.....nothing. wouldn't fit. Seems like the piece was machined a couple thousands of an inch too narrow. So I called Hornady today and after only 5 min on hold I explained what happened. They got my address and name and told me they would ship a replacement part asap. So cool!!!!

dango 02-06-2013 12:21 AM

Also love "Hornady".! :)

I really like the "Hornady-ammo" , but when going from regular .45-70 cases to
the ,"LEVERevolution" , .45-70 GOVT. , 325 gr. FTX , it's a whole other set up!

Got to be at least (.125) difference in case size , a real pain in the butt ! :(

Do you re- load the .45-70,s ?

potentialglock 02-06-2013 01:44 AM

I don't do 45-70..... 45 ACP

JonM 02-06-2013 01:26 PM

I load the 45-70 and bought two boxes of their lever revolution ammo for a great price. I wont be getting any more. That was close to using blackpowder with all the debris that was left in the gun. Groups at 100 were 4-5 inches. With handloads my marlin is a moa shooter. Then i find out the brass is waaaay short. Such a huge jump to the lands its no wonder the accuracy is crap.

But i like a lot of their bullets for reloading and hunting i just refuse to by their loaded ammo. Its not the only hornady factory ammo ive had trouble with in factory rifle loads. Their pistol ammo works well is very very accurate and shoots clean. Its like two different factories making their products. I use hornady for my defensive handguns.

potentialglock 02-06-2013 01:32 PM

I think they do have multiple factories. But I'm a handgun shooter. The only two rifles I have require Russian ammo lol. I havnt found any american factory made ammo for them

Dearhunter 02-06-2013 02:02 PM

Hornady Rocks!!

clyderay44 02-06-2013 02:09 PM

Any one shoot Hornady 7mm mag 139 BTSP ?

I have tried it in 2 different guns and both take extra force to lock the bolt down?

JonM 02-06-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potentialglock (Post 1126248)
I think they do have multiple factories. But I'm a handgun shooter. The only two rifles I have require Russian ammo lol. I havnt found any american factory made ammo for them

winchester makes pretty good 7.62 x39 and x54r in their noncorrosive reloadable brass cased offerings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyderay44 (Post 1126287)
Any one shoot Hornady 7mm mag 139 BTSP ?

I have tried it in 2 different guns and both take extra force to lock the bolt down?

hornady rifle ammo is pretty crappy. most of it, ive found, is out of spec in some fashion. if the bolt isnt closing that means either the headspace isnt right as in the shoulder too far forward or the case isnt sized right or the bullet is seated too far out. ive seen all three of those instances in various hornady rifle ammo. in the case of their 45-70 the cases arent anywhere near long enough.

gearhead396 02-06-2013 10:38 PM

I just went to the range and shot all of my defense ammo Speer gold dots in 40 it was gettin old so when I went to get more after the range they were out the guy behind the counter recommended hornady critical defense 166g with the ballistic tip. Any one have experience with this ammo

potentialglock 02-07-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gearhead396 (Post 1126962)
I just went to the range and shot all of my defense ammo Speer gold dots in 40 it was gettin old so when I went to get more after the range they were out the guy behind the counter recommended hornady critical defense 166g with the ballistic tip. Any one have experience with this ammo

Great ammo. Havnt tried 40 but my 45s run like a charm