Don't ever use Square payment processing ever again. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > Don't ever use Square payment processing ever again.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

The real issue is because gun laws vary from state to state, not the company, they are just covering their ass.. eBay won't allow me to sell some 15 round mags, something about California. You're WAYYYYYY over reacting and clearly didn't read the user agreement closely enough.

Seriously, I hope you get every cent that is owed to you, but be realistic, the way gun laws vary from state to state 'Square' is only doing what I'm sure they have to to stay in business. Like you, they don't make laws but they have to follow them. Be mad at the government and the system that allows laws that restrict sales of this nature.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2155 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 801

I would go with the postal money order. You can take it to the post office and they can tell if it is fake before you deposit a fake and get the sad news

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 04-06-2013, 04:36 AM   #13

Likes Given: 1

and all this time this money is held up in there (squares) escrow accounts drawing interest........

Old 04-08-2013, 01:42 AM   #14

Got the money.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:44 AM   #15

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesT
Got the money.
Glad to hear it.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:55 AM   #16
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1337 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 612

To be perfectly fair, Square does NOT discriminate against firearms purchases like PayPal does. Square is used by many merchants and gun dealers at the gun shows I attend. Square's issue was the fact that the card user was not physically present and the card swiped. Nothing stops a kid like Adam Lanza from grabbing Mommy's Visa and making a transaction over the Internet, therefore, Square simply wants the card holder present when the transaction is made. For a weapon, this policy seems to be fair to protect Square as well as it's users from liability issues later on. I would at least not include Square way down at the level of PayPal and its' communist ilk.

It also may help to explain to Square that you were sending the weapon to a federally-licensed FFL dealer and that the card holder would be filling out paperwork for a background check which would be run through crime computers and his Identification confirmed, not just simply mailing it to a P.O. Box. Every time someone hears "Internet sale" of a firearm, they assume we are sending it to a dead drop or remailing service and don't care what is on the other end. Obviously, this is another field where we need to diligently re-educate people.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Last edited by TekGreg; 04-08-2013 at 02:00 AM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-08-2013, 01:55 AM   #17

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesT
Got the money.
glad to hear it

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

To put this quite bluntly, you broke the rules. Did they arbitrarily change the rules just to get you? No, they didn't. Were the rules available for your inspection before you opened the account? Yes, they were. This is NOT their fault. Like the great majority of us you didn't read the EULA and it bit you in the butt. Show some personal responsibility and place the blame where it really lies. If it was me, I would be writing them a thank you letter for completing the transaction they were under no obligation to perform.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #19

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/13/technology/square-guns/

The way I read it is that they changed their policy and appear to be very much anti-gun, not mired in the variance of interstate commerce.

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 05-17-2013 at 02:26 PM.
DFlynt Likes This 
Old 05-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #20

See? I posted this on a number of gun forums and they all defended Square.
NOW WHAT, YOU SKEPTICS?