Don't ever use Square payment processing ever again.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > Don't ever use Square payment processing ever again.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 02:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Don't ever use Square payment processing ever again.

I recently sold a rifle on Gunbroker and used Square to accept payment for the rifle.

My funds had not been deposited into my account in 7 days.
I emailed them asking why and here is what they said...

Quote:
Hi Charles,

I apologize for the delay in reaching out to you. There was some research I had to perform regarding your account. Everything appears in order however, the transaction you recently processed for the firearm sale on Gunbroker.com is the reason your account was suspended and referred to my desk. Section 6 of the Merchant User Agreement which prohibits Internet, mail, or telephone order transactions for firearms or weapons. Those types of sales put a stop to all deposits.

Because this transaction for $1625.00 was for a firearm that was sold when the card was not present, I need to ask you to agree to abide by the Agreement and no longer process transactions of this nature. All you will need to do is respond to this email agreeing to no longer process mail, telephone, or Internet transactions of this type using Square. You can use Square for any other type of transaction not listed in the section I referenced above.

To read more about the User Agreement, please see: https://squareup.com/legal/ua

Please respond before 4 pm PDT tomorrow (Friday) since I do not work weekends and would like to help you resolve this matter quickly. You can respond after that but I only check email once on Saturday and Sunday. I appreciate your patience and cooperation throughout this inquiry.

David
Square Account Services
And the email I sent back

Quote:
I do not understand why there is a restriction on a legitimate sale of an inanimate object. I think this is absolutely ridiculous.

I agree to not use Square for this type of sale ever again.
But I also agree to never use or recommend this service again.

I thank you for your time, and understanding.
Here is their website
https://squareup.com/

Here is their Support Email
compliance@help-messaging.squareup.com

I will update when I get an answer back.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2013, 03:23 AM   #2

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

That sucks my dad uses it in are sheet metal shop. I've never seen anything about guns, but I did see for drugs or illegal substances in the user agreement. But how would square know what is being purchased?

Old 04-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #3

I don't have any idea.
I hate how they group firearms with illegal substances and unlawful things.
It is a protected right.
Although, the 1st amendment allows them to restrict sales on whatever they want.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:34 AM   #4

Liked 2390 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Did you get your money?

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:39 AM   #5

He has not responded yet.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:40 AM   #6

Liked 2390 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesT
He has not responded yet.
Hope you do...

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:43 AM   #7

Thanks. I am kind of nervous.
and I am pissed off. I just sold a pistol on GB and I am going to have to tell the buyer that I can no longer take the CC sale we agreed on.

If you have a problem with their policy please email them and let them know.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:46 AM   #8

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I would not buy or sell on the internet until things cool down. The anti gun rage is politically correct right now. This will fade in time.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:18 AM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

This is odd because my local forum just had a group buy of 100 AR15 lowers @ $250ea go through without issue with Square.

It wasn't with GB but with a firearms manufacturer.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:34 AM   #10
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1200 Times on 690 Posts
Likes Given: 579

These types of issues have been going on for years,Paypal will freeze your account if they know it is a firearms transaction.
I have bought/sold many firearms on Gunbroker and other auction sites over the years,but have always requested paying or receiving a Postal Money Order for payment. It may take a couple days longer to get it,but I know the money will be in my account when I do!