Cheaper Than Dirt
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > Cheaper Than Dirt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2216 Times on 1523 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Default Cheaper Than Dirt

Cheaper than Dirt had the Hi Point 995TS carbines on sale for $224 plus $10 shipping. It was a good deal so I ordered one of the carbines. My FFL was listed but he changed the name on his license from his name to the name of his business. He runs a pawn shop.

To make a long story short he faxed in his FFL information 3 times. Twice I was standing there watching him. Cheaper than Dirt kept sending me messages saying they never received his information. You cannot call CTD to find out what is going on. They can call you. Finally I got tired of dealing with the chat box and swapping email. I cancelled the order on the carbine.

I learned an important lesson. If a company has no phone number to resolve minor issues do not buy anything from them.

I was already angry with CTD for the rimfire gouging they have done lately. It did not hurt my feelings a bit to cancel that order. I am done with cheaper than dirt. You cannot put a price on aggravation.

Last edited by John_Deer; 10-08-2014 at 11:25 AM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-08-2014, 11:25 PM   #2

Liked 93 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 6

This is the pattern with so many businesses. Some Investor finds a business making a lot of sales and good profits and buys it. They then proceed to change the business plan and shortchange their Customer base with bad marketing, higher pries and poor customer service. Once they drive the business, into the ground they sell it off to someone else that merges it with their own business and the company that we all went to when we wanted stuff, is completely gone or unrecognizable. Hedge Funds are big into it now. Look at Olive Garden, Red Lobster, And all the rest. Poor er products and higher prices etc. Once they fail to make their percentage by poor operation and bad business plan, they are sold again or out of business.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:58 AM   #3

Liked 1135 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 246

If the names do not match, as an FFL dealer, I would blow you off as well. Life is too short to have fricked up FFL paperwork. Not their fault.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:14 AM   #4

Liked 383 Times on 223 Posts

Have you checked CDNN? They have some good deals.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 10-09-2014, 01:50 AM   #5
hmh

Liked 163 Times on 113 Posts

Between ammo gouging and the voluntary ban on so called assault weapons until it effected there bottom dollar I will not deal with CTD

Old 10-09-2014, 02:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
If the names do not match, as an FFL dealer, I would blow you off as well. Life is too short to have fricked up FFL paperwork. Not their fault.
He sent a copy of his FFL and the paperwork CTD provides to verify his new FFL and my order. Then we cannot call CTD to get this matter straightened out. They keep calling when I am away from the phone. Then they will not reply to our email. He sent the paperwork with his FFL information and my invoice again. Nothing but an email I need to select an FFL.

Other businesses will have a phone so he can call to see what the problem might be if there is a problem at all.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:15 AM   #7
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2580 Times on 1406 Posts
Likes Given: 740

Out of curiosity did you try their live chat?

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:04 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3283 Times on 2258 Posts
Likes Given: 1612

Don't fax anything you care about, if you are unable to make a follow up call. Email it as an attachment instead. You can scan it once and keep on file.

It is not the best business practice, but they would probably tell you it keeps their prices lower. Like warehouse shopping.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1189 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 241

CTD is anything but.

Awful business to deal with.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:42 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Out of curiosity did you try their live chat?
Yes, they need to live chat with the FLL. I gave them his phone number to get the matter straight. They want to deal by email. I do not have his email info. Cut out the middleman and call him yourself, nothing can be lost in translation.

With CTD if the FFL is not on their list it is hard to business with them. Some of the FFLs they had listed charge $75 for a transfer. They see a transfer as making a sale and that is what they need to make.

Last edited by John_Deer; 10-09-2014 at 04:48 PM.