Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > Beware Duck Creek Armory

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 05:55 AM   #31
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19473 Times on 11062 Posts
Likes Given: 49068

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMagician View Post
Yes, i filed a police report in December also. Did you receive an email from Jason Bitting (Duck Creek Armory) ? All he said was i should try to recover the paid funds from the credit card company i used. I contacted my CC company about 6 weeks ago and was told by what sounded like an Outsourced customer service rep that they would contact me. I faxed a copy of the police report, BBB report, paid receipts and Jason Bitting's email to the CC company since the rep did not seem very Competent to me. I will contact the CC company again to see whats going on.
just keep after them. if you slack off they might put your requests on the back burner and forget about it. follow-up on the police report as well and find out what progress they are making. keep the pressure on them to get this resolved.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 02-08-2014, 04:13 AM   #32

Yes sir, I got that email. Unfortunately, I haven't received any updates from that Perales guy for any developments. On following the email correspondence of fellow victims, they have 21 rifles ready to ship. But we are in a different predicament. He has to refund the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 02-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #33
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

There has been no news locally for a couple months.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 02-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1345 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 453

I am not coming down on those who got screwed by Duck Creek Armory. This is for future reference! The moment something smells bad about an online credit card transaction call your credit card company. Credit card companies are more than willing to help you early in the game when they can put a hold on funds until the matter is straightened out. If you wait over 30 days with a credit card, 45 days with paypal you are liable for the fraudulent activity. Don't just give up even if it is over 30 days. Often the credit card company will still try to help you. But they are not legally bound to help you.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-19-2014, 05:26 AM   #35

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
I am not coming down on those who got screwed by Duck Creek Armory. This is for future reference! The moment something smells bad about an online credit card transaction call your credit card company. Credit card companies are more than willing to help you early in the game when they can put a hold on funds until the matter is straightened out. If you wait over 30 days with a credit card, 45 days with paypal you are liable for the fraudulent activity. Don't just give up even if it is over 30 days. Often the credit card company will still try to help you. But they are not legally bound to help you.
John_Deer, you make an Outstanding Point with your comment. Because i used a layaway plan to pay for this purchase, my CC company informed me the time allotted to dispute the Duck Creek payments had expired. I could write a whole thread on the Dangers of layaway now that i got burned by it.

First, i would advise Don't use layaway and if you have to, find out how long you have to dispute a payment from your CC company and submit a dispute before the allotted time run out. If you have four months to dispute a payment, do a 3 month layaway. I myself, will Not do another layaway for Anything.

If anyone know someone who Brag about doing a layaway plan, point them to this thread. I have observed many threads on various forums that debate layaway and now i see why many members are Strongly Opposed to it. Six, Seven, eight and nine month layaway plans might seem Cool but if something go sideways, you can Lose everything.

This has been a Major set back but i am by No means giving up on a resolution from Duck Creek.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:06 AM   #36

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I informed Al Perales, the investigator from the Iowa attorney General's office about how my CC company did Not cover the disputed funds because i used layaway and the allotted time ran out.

I received a phone call from Mr Perales and he informed me that he took my name off the unresolved customer list because he thought my issue had been resolved. The email that Jason Bitting sent out to DCA customers tried to put payment responsibility on our CC companies.

Perales put me back on the unresolved list and any members who were Scammed by DCA and received the Jason Bitting email without any results should Contact Mr Perales and let him know your payment issues have Not been resolved.

Mr Perales told me that 24 fifles were sent out to DCA customers who ordered custom builds just as thegev88 mentioned and DCA was working on a second wave of rifles. I paid for a Glock so that is Not relavent to my situation. I informed Mr Perales that i would accept any firearm (rifle, shotgun, handgun etc..) of equal value if any are available since that could be easier than receiving a refund.