Beware Duck Creek Armory
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Company Review Forum > Beware Duck Creek Armory

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Beware Duck Creek Armory

I finished a preorder layaway on 7/1/2013 with Duck Creek Armory. The firearm is a Glock 30SF. The Glock was still Out of Stock. I requested a Refund thru email in August and was informed they did not do refunds on paid firearms. The only reason i did not go insane waiting for the Glock was i Lost my wallet and it contained my IL FOID card. You can't buy anything in IL without the Firearm owners identification card. I applied for a New one and it take far longer nowadays in IL because of CCW coming to IL. Late Oct i emailed DCA about switching from a Glock to a Springfield XDM and received No response. I finally received my new FOID card early Nov and the XDM was now marked Out of Stock. I emailed DCA every other day since late Oct with No response. The phone had a recording that stated " Due to increased volume of calls, we can't answer the phone at this time".The phone now has a recording that state Temporarily out of service. The Glock 30SF was marked low stock on their website and i emailed and even sent a Fax to try to have them send one to my FFL and not wait another Five months for one. The Glock went Out of stock again. At one point their website was down, phone number out of service and they do Not respond to email. Someone filed a Ripoff Report on Nov 19 with a similar problem. http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Duck-Creek-Armory/Davenport-Iowa-52804/Duck-Creek-Armory-Non-delivery-of-promised-goods-Davenport-Iowa-1100511

I Hope i can acquire my Glock 30 or any firearm at this stage from DCA. Either that or a refund but it sure Don't look good.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 807 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

and I bet the police won't do squat about it either. See if something happened to me like this i would probably lose my 2a Rights after beating the owner
People Like This 
Old 12-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

http://wqad.com/2013/11/25/bbb-warns-customers-about-davenport-gun-dealer/

Old 12-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #4

Liked 1148 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 2034

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkMagician View Post
I finished a preorder layaway on 7/1/2013 with Duck Creek Armory. The firearm is a Glock 30SF. The Glock was still Out of Stock. I requested a Refund thru email in August and was informed they did not do refunds on paid firearms. The only reason i did not go insane waiting for the Glock was i Lost my wallet and it contained my IL FOID card. You can't buy anything in IL without the Firearm owners identification card. I applied for a New one and it take far longer nowadays in IL because of CCW coming to IL. Late Oct i emailed DCA about switching from a Glock to a Springfield XDM and received No response. I finally received my new FOID card early Nov and the XDM was now marked Out of Stock. I emailed DCA every other day since late Oct with No response. The phone had a recording that stated " Due to increased volume of calls, we can't answer the phone at this time".The phone now has a recording that state Temporarily out of service. The Glock 30SF was marked low stock on their website and i emailed and even sent a Fax to try to have them send one to my FFL and not wait another Five months for one. The Glock went Out of stock again. At one point their website was down, phone number out of service and they do Not respond to email. Someone filed a Ripoff Report on Nov 19 with a similar problem. http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Duck-Creek-Armory/Davenport-Iowa-52804/Duck-Creek-Armory-Non-delivery-of-promised-goods-Davenport-Iowa-1100511

I Hope i can acquire my Glock 30 or any firearm at this stage from DCA. Either that or a refund but it sure Don't look good.
Hey bud, I suggest you take a look at their facebook page . Looks as though the store has closed up from the sign on the door . It appears your not the only one they have taken.
duck-creek.jpg  

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 12-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 362 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 645

Dark, I'm sorry this has happened to you. It's a big bummer and even bigger hassle for you I'm sure. Sorry man.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I would grab an oxy acetylyne torch and kick that damn window in and go get my damn gun

Old 12-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Hey bud, I suggest you take a look at their facebook page . Looks as though the store has closed up from the sign on the door . It appears your not the only one they have taken.
Thank You for the post and image. That really says it all. DCA was still selling guns on Gunbroker as of Nov 19.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter View Post
I would grab an oxy acetylyne torch and kick that damn window in and go get my damn gun
I am Tempted to do just that.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #9

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
Dark, I'm sorry this has happened to you. It's a big bummer and even bigger hassle for you I'm sure. Sorry man.
It was their layaway plan that lured me in. For those opposed to layaway, this is the Poster child for saving up and Buying In stock only.
boatme98 Likes This 
Old 12-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

WOW! Thank You for the link. They seemed to be alright for a while but it looks like a Take the Money and Run buisness.