Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > v-tac???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Default v-tac???

Is there anyone that has a v-tac (v-tec???)? I have never been a fan of the M&P pistols, mainly because I havent handled many. However, today I held one and my hand immediately got an erection!!

Can someone with experience with this firearm please tell me about it? What is the difference besides color and sights between this model and the regular M&P? I have a feeling I may have to get me one in the very near future, however, if the differences are just the color and the sights, I will save my money and find a used M&P40.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-13-2013, 03:31 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell
Is there anyone that has a v-tac (v-tec???)? I have never been a fan of the M&P pistols, mainly because I havent handled many. However, today I held one and my hand immediately got an erection!!

Can someone with experience with this firearm please tell me about it? What is the difference besides color and sights between this model and the regular M&P? I have a feeling I may have to get me one in the very near future, however, if the differences are just the color and the sights, I will save my money and find a used M&P40.
I own one and love it. But the only thing you get different is the color and sights. You can buy the sights from Viking Tactics, and they will fit on any M&P model. But the sights are $249.99.

I love it. Will not get rid of it. But it is pricey for just color and sights.
image-2746371881.jpg  

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:32 AM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1810 Times on 984 Posts
Likes Given: 557

I believe it has sights by Viking Tactical. Other than that I dont see much difference.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 03-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #4

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

The sights and color are the two main differences. In my opinion, the price difference is worth it for the sights (and the color if you are a FDE whore like many of us) I also hear the trigger is slightly improved from normal M&Ps but my plain jane M&P9 has a wonderful trigger right out of the box with no modifications (i must have gotten lucky). Use caution because it sounds like some of the earlier models had some problems with the slide finish wearing very easily. Supposedly this has been remedied but I dont know from experience. Either way, if you get an M&P you will be happy, happy, happy

ThinkFast...your life depends on it.

www.thinkfastholsters.com
www.facebook.com/thinkfastholsters
Instagram @thinkfastholsters

Newest Threads