Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   M&P Forum (
-   -   Trigger will not re-set (

Glockanista 10-26-2013 08:20 PM

Trigger will not re-set
I have a M&P 5" Pro and the dang trigger stopped re-setting during a match. Smith and Wesson has been completely un-responsive to my issue. They told me to clean the striker channel, which I did and trigger will only reset about 1 in 5 pulls. Still waiting for the return authorization.

I am trading the gun to a fellow IDPA competitor but I want it fixed before I trade. We have 2 other M&P's and have not had this issue.

Any suggestions to fixing the problem before I start raising a fuss with S&W?

Argyle_Armoring 10-26-2013 08:25 PM

See, your problem here is that it's a Smith & Wesson M&P. J/k

Could be your trigger spring.

Mercator 10-27-2013 02:20 AM

I second that. The trigger and the spring are likely disjointed. It could be a mere slippage. I have not dealt with the M&P, but the problem is common in pistols with pivoted triggers.

John_Deer 10-27-2013 02:53 AM

If you bought the gun with a credit card call the consumer protection number if S&W doesn't respond. It's not your fault S&W is overwhelmed by the recall of the MPs. If SAAMI keeps catering to S&W all ammo will not contain any gunpowder.

BillM 10-27-2013 04:09 AM

Check the sear return spring/plunger. Sounds like the sear isn't popping back up to catch
the striker.

kryptar19 10-27-2013 04:37 AM

Explain how the trigger isn't resetting.

Is it not returning completely? Could be the return spring.

Is it acting as if it's not charged? Could be the deactivation lever or striker/striker spring.

Ive not heard of this problem in the M&P before, I'll be following this thread.

I cant believe S&W is giving you trouble. They have a well earned reputation for having the best CS.