Trigger job and best IWB holster. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > Trigger job and best IWB holster.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts

I also have a 9c and have no issues with the trigger.

Check out whitehat holster. Just google it.

Same basic design as the crossbreed, but I actually like this one better.

You can order different kydex for different models, allowing you to use one holster for all your handguns.

Old 06-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

+1 On the Oldfaithful holsters. I have one for my M&P9c. Love it. Can't say enough good things about it. Its so comfortable I forget I have it on. You can buy a kit which you assemble yourself. All you need is a hammer and about 15 minutes of time. Thus will save you about 40+ bucks. Excellent quality and excellent service. I got mine in maybe 2-3 weeks.

Always have clean socks.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm
+1 On the Oldfaithful holsters. I have one for my M&P9c. Love it. Can't say enough good things about it. Its so comfortable I forget I have it on. You can buy a kit which you assemble yourself. All you need is a hammer and about 15 minutes of time. Thus will save you about 40+ bucks. Excellent quality and excellent service. I got mine in maybe 2-3 weeks.
That is the kit I got. Looking forward to trying. Everyone says they are compatible to the crossbreed, but at almost half the price.

Old 06-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

* comparable

Old 06-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm definitely no expert or gunsmith but I have done three trigger jobs within the week. Two were apex Duty Cary Action Enhancement Kits on M&P 40's with the Apex Polymer trigger and on the third gun I just polished the internals. So here is what I found out. When dry firing I can not feel the difference between the Apex supplied triggers and the one I merely polished. I spent $93 for the DCAEK. On the polished gun I spent less than 20 minutes with some 3000 grit 3m sandpaper and a dremel polisher I was able to get the same silky smooth clean break and tactile reset. I learned how from a YouTube video "DIY M&P TRIGGER". On the vid he files the sear but that wasn't necessary on the newer M&P. I think S&W has recently improved the sears.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hmm.. Thanks Mike. I might try that!

Old 06-13-2013, 10:41 AM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a luxury most don't as my state allows open carry and I exercise my right to do so all the time. I've found that every modification made to a gun outside of the factory that has not been test proven such as some of these trigger jobs, not saying it's bad, but I've found that these things can cause functionality issues with the gun over time. Until I see a trigger job that someone can verify they have over 10k rounds with and have no issues with it during a torture test I'm going to stick with the stock trigger as it's failed me zero times in almost 5000 rounds now.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #28

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklarimore View Post
Just to be clear the trigger kit we are talking about DOES NOT reduce the pull weight. It stays at 5-6 pounds. What it does do is remove the grit, give it a crisper break, and a shorter reset. Having a good trigger does not always equate into having a competition trigger. That is why they offer a duty/carry and competition kits.
Good to know. I did not realize either that a duty/carry apex trigger job would not change the heavy DA pull. I do not own an M&P yet...but I have fired several...and have to say that I really liked the trigger stock. It felt crisp to me, and reset was also not an issue.

In defense of the post you are responding to here...When I read posts here regarding trigger upgrades...they are generally to lighten the force necessary to make the firearm go bang; and less about any other factor. With that said, I have to agree that I would not want to alter a DA trigger in any way! but that's just me....

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 06-13-2013, 01:28 PM   #29

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPrecision
I have a luxury most don't as my state allows open carry and I exercise my right to do so all the time. I've found that every modification made to a gun outside of the factory that has not been test proven such as some of these trigger jobs, not saying it's bad, but I've found that these things can cause functionality issues with the gun over time. Until I see a trigger job that someone can verify they have over 10k rounds with and have no issues with it during a torture test I'm going to stick with the stock trigger as it's failed me zero times in almost 5000 rounds now.
I agree after market parts can set you up for failure. On the M&P line simply polishing factory trigger parts and smoothing them out improves trigger performance. The same can be done on glocks. It's not really a modification just polishing. I've done it to mine and it has just at 7,000 rounds now. Never seen a malfunction. As far as "torture test" wtf? I run it dirty clean and everywhere in between. It's seen back to back handgun classes with out cleaning and ran fine. I can't speak for APEX kits but I've heard good things I'm just not a fan.