Trigger job and best IWB holster. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > Trigger job and best IWB holster.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #11
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklarimore View Post
Just to be clear the trigger kit we are talking about DOES NOT reduce the pull weight(depending on which state you're in). It stays at 5-6 pounds. What it does do is remove the grit, give it a crisper break, and a shorter reset. Having a good trigger does not always equate into having a competition trigger. That is why they offer a duty/carry and competition kits.

Fixed it for you.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #12

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Trigger jobs aren't necessary. My m&p has 6,000 plus through it the only trigger mod is the apex RAM for a better reset. The trigger has worked itself out and is as smooth as a babies bottom. If your impatient or don't shoot just have a gunsmith smooth out the components and it will be fine. Those whole kits aren't necessary.

Holster? What material do you like leather? Kydex? Do you like the king tuck or something simpler? I use a Glaco sto-n-go for IWB it's leather and reasonably priced.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #13

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13

Fixed it for you.
Thanks I wouldn't want one of those trigger jobs

Old 06-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

FWIW, Apex's new FSS trigger kit comes with two trigger return springs now, the 2nd spring being heavier to keep the pull above 5lb. Just throwing that one out there as another option for ya. If I carried a compact instead of a Shield, that's the kit I'd go for. I have the FSS in my Pro and everyone who has shot it really likes it. Add the heavier trigger pull and I think you'd have the best of both worlds, IMO.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #15

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

I've got a desantis iwb leather for my shield and its pretty comfortable

Old 06-05-2013, 01:59 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10
A trigger job is something one does for reasons of competition and speed.
Completely untrue. If that was the case, why would Apex make a Duty/Carry trigger kit.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Last edited by Squawk; 06-05-2013 at 02:02 AM.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:23 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachimacho
FWIW, Apex's new FSS trigger kit comes with two trigger return springs now, the 2nd spring being heavier to keep the pull above 5lb. Just throwing that one out there as another option for ya. If I carried a compact instead of a Shield, that's the kit I'd go for. I have the FSS in my Pro and everyone who has shot it really likes it. Add the heavier trigger pull and I think you'd have the best of both worlds, IMO.
I didn't know that. That's pretty cool, I wish I could install the FSS kit and still stay in the production class. Guess I will have to make do with the competition kit. (Unless I decide to build a race gun lol)

Old 06-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I ended up purchasing a hybrid holster from Old Faithful holsters. It is pretty much a replica of a Crossbreed. Has a 30 money back guarantee and a 50 year warranty. It is almost half the price of a Crossbreed. I will let you know about the quality when it comes. It got good reviews around the net though.

Lots of differing opinions about the trigger job. I think I might wait and see if it smooths out. I might even try having someone smooth off the edges like someone suggested. Any opinions on this? Is it a safe thing to do to your gun?

Old 06-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #19

It is safe to do if you know what you u are doing. The sear is hard on the outside and soft inside so if you polish too much then you will compromise the integrity if it. Best to let a gunsmith do it. Unless you feel comfortable with it. Good news is that anything that you would need to polish is easily replaced so u can't mess up anything too bad.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #20

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon2868
I ended up purchasing a hybrid holster from Old Faithful holsters. It is pretty much a replica of a Crossbreed. Has a 30 money back guarantee and a 50 year warranty. It is almost half the price of a Crossbreed. I will let you know about the quality when it comes. It got good reviews around the net though.

Lots of differing opinions about the trigger job. I think I might wait and see if it smooths out. I might even try having someone smooth off the edges like someone suggested. Any opinions on this? Is it a safe thing to do to your gun?
Yeah it's not too hard I'm sure you can you tube it. http://burwellguns.com/. These guys do awesome work if you can't find a local smith. I only bought a rear sight from them but I've considered getting more work from them. They're awesome.