thinking of trading/selling again
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > thinking of trading/selling again

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Default thinking of trading/selling again

I'm starting to get the itch for a new gun. Looking at either a .40 sig p226 or a G23. Was thinking of trading my m&p9 for one since I already have a glock26 in 9mm. Should I do it or keep the m&p? what would you guys do?

spit hell fire

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I never sell anything personally.

I think the question is which is the better gun? If you HAVE to get rid of one I wouldn't jump to the conclusion of "I have a glock" from what i've seen, my M&P has been just as or more reliable than a glock. Have more questions? ask a few police depts, ours here switched over to the M&P and never looked back, they say they are cheaper to maintain and purchase.

Don't know if that's an option for you or if you have some sentimental attachment to your glock, if not I'd say logical deduction > brand myopia

Old 04-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #3

Liked 51 Times on 38 Posts

I say trade it, sell it, blow someone away and give i as a gift. Bottom line people get so hung up with the value of a gun. Move on, it's fun to look at new guns. I've own to many, had kids a and got rid of most of the ones I had. Now picking exactly what I want with no fat. So if you want something new don't sweat the small stuff. Get a new one. Your lga will order one for you.

Tex

Old 04-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #4

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

keep the m&p and trade the glock

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

JTJ Likes This 
Old 04-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

From my experience, once you own a gun you should never get rid of it because you will regret it. You can never own too many!

Old 04-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #6

Liked 699 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 1107

Keep the M&P and get the Apex trigger for it, you will never think about getting rid of it again.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #7

I agree. The Apex kit has completely changed my M&P.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:27 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotex View Post
I say trade it, sell it, blow someone away and give i as a gift. Bottom line people get so hung up with the value of a gun. Move on, it's fun to look at new guns. I've own to many, had kids a and got rid of most of the ones I had. Now picking exactly what I want with no fat. So if you want something new don't sweat the small stuff. Get a new one. Your lga will order one for you.

Tex
Cotex great line about cutting the fat. I have been doing the same thing. New Sig and Kimber getting rid of Glocks and anything that I have not fired in the last five years. There is always something else out there.

"That night, I thanked God for seeing me through that day of days and prayed I would make it through D plus 1. I also promised that if some way I could get home again, I would find a nice peaceful town and spend the rest of my life in peace."

MAJ Dick Winters

Easy Company, 101st ABN
June 6, 1944