Thinking of M&P shield for summer carry

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > Thinking of M&P shield for summer carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Thinking of M&P shield for summer carry

I currently carry a Glock 27 every day but due to it's blocky ness the fact that my shirt like to get in between its grip and my back while in my IWB holster I am thinking something thinner will be a winner. A buddy of mine has a M&P shield 9mm and I have handled it but to shot it. I love the feel, the trigger and the sights. I am looking for input from people who have maybe been in my situation and can tell me if the M&P shield is better as not reveling itself. Also maybe how it fairs as a pocket gun. I do have and carry a LCP but that gun is hard to shoot well and I see it as more of a back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-10-2014, 01:10 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 140 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I carry a .40 Shield pretty regularly. I don't think it conceals any better than my G26, but what works for me isn't necessarily going to work for you. I've carried it in a pocket a few times, it's not ideal, but I can do it.

I like them both and carry them both, but if forced to pick it would be the Glock because I shoot it better. Again though, what works for me...

Old 04-20-2014, 01:24 AM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MenzRoom View Post
I currently carry a Glock 27 every day but due to it's blocky ness the fact that my shirt like to get in between its grip and my back while in my IWB holster I am thinking something thinner will be a winner. A buddy of mine has a M&P shield 9mm and I have handled it but to shot it. I love the feel, the trigger and the sights. I am looking for input from people who have maybe been in my situation and can tell me if the M&P shield is better as not reveling itself. Also maybe how it fairs as a pocket gun. I do have and carry a LCP but that gun is hard to shoot well and I see it as more of a back up.

I carry a g26. But I also have a sheild 40. It feels better to conceal bc of its width. Glock is easier to conceal bc the grip is short. The grip prints more on me than the glock. Bc the grip is longer. But glock is shorter grip and 10 rounds. Sheild is longer with only 7 rounds.