Shield Slide Lever Stop

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > Shield Slide Lever Stop

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 233 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Default Shield Slide Lever Stop

I feel the Shield's slide lever stop is very very stiff. Does it need break in? It's almost impossible my thumb to release it. Anyone feel the same, or is it just me? I wish they have aftermarket one like Glock has the extended.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I have has my Shield for several months now. Was lucky to get one the first week they were released in 9 mm and in 40 sw. At first they are extremely hard to manipulate. It took a couple weeks of handling daily to get mine where I like it. Although I do not use the slide release to charge the fire arm. My training is to use my weak hand to pull the slide back every time. Practicing this allows muscle memory to clear jams in sticky situations. I do however work the slide release to a level that I can easily release it with my thumb in case I am in a confrontation one handed.

I guess to answer your question more directly: Yes. There is a break in period for the slide release. Work with it daily and soon it will be where you want it.

P

Old 10-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1169 Times on 762 Posts
Likes Given: 695

i dont have exprience with that pistol. but the sr9c we have is very stiff.. im sure it will "break in" after a while but i never use it. i train with the method explained above. its universal among pistols and you never have to worry about the slide stop failing or being stiff. its even taught by rob pincus

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:31 AM   #4

Mine is extremely stiff. I just sling-shot the slide mostly. I've worked it a few times each outing hoping it will loosen up but so far it's a pain to operate the release.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 233 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Good to know they are stiffs or hard to operate out of the factory. I worried it was only me.
But i still wish there will be an extended one like Glock's.