A Proud New Owner!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > A Proud New Owner!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default A Proud New Owner!

Last week some members of my family and I decided to make our first handgun purchases. My fiancé picked up a Ruger SR9c, my brother-in-law snagged a very nice and very popular XDM 9c and I went for the M&P 9. Ive got to be honest with you folks, during my initial search for a gun the M&P wasnt my first choice....until I held it. There is a lot about a gun that can never be described through words or even video. When I picked it up, my wallet got lighter very quick.

I shot the gun for the first time along with my family and we are all extremely pleased with our purchases and I am looking forward to learning more about my gun from you guys and gals!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-07-2013, 05:39 AM   #2

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Nice choice. I love mine. Feels great in hand. I messed with the back straps but ended up just using the mid one it came with on.

One tip is for take down. If u don't want to use the tool just pull the trigger after you release the slide and it should come right off.

spit hell fire

Old 01-07-2013, 05:46 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I opted for the smaller palm swell, I have smaller hands (but not too small, lol). And thanks for the takedown tip! That is a huge help.

I wonder why they even bothered with the tool?

Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #4

Liked 709 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

I have pretty large hands and still prefer the small backstrap. Must be the 1911 that did that to me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 01-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think thats one of the unique features of this gun being a full size that makes it so popular. Someone with larger hands is comfortable and someone like my fiancé who has smaller hands can pick the same gun up and be comfortable.