Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   M&P Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Pro Series .40 question (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f166/pro-series-40-question-97220/)

kalepas 09-17-2013 09:07 PM

Pro Series .40 question

I recently purchase this M&P. I was at the range for my first ranger time w this gun when noticed something I am not used to. When engaging the magazine if u give the magazine a good solid shove w ur palm the slide will actually close and ur gun is hot. If u slide in the magazine easy though u do not run into the same issue. Is this a malfunction ?

Ez2b 09-17-2013 09:09 PM

I don't consider it a malfunction a lot of guns will do that to me I like that because its faster into action

kalepas 09-17-2013 11:32 PM

Okay. I can see that being a bonus. Of the three handguns I own this is the only one that does it so was just wondering really.

kryptar19 09-17-2013 11:38 PM

Most modern Pistols do this. All of the M&P's, Glocks, and XDm's I've shot do it.

Ez2b 09-17-2013 11:40 PM

I have a couple of guns do this but they didn't do it till they actually really started getting broken in.

Mouser 09-18-2013 01:56 AM

I have the same gun and my M&P does not do this...in fact, the opposite, the slide release is difficult to operate and I always thought it to be a flaw in my gun...I will experiment a bit more to see if I can recreate the same effect.

JW357 09-18-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mouser
I have the same gun and my M&P does not do this...in fact, the opposite, the slide release is difficult to operate and I always thought it to be a flaw in my gun...I will experiment a bit more to see if I can recreate the same effect.

Just curious how many rounds you've put through it? I sounds like it needs more loosening up via a break in. :)

Mouser 09-18-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JW357 (Post 1375630)
Just curious how many rounds you've put through it? I sounds like it needs more loosening up via a break in. :)

I would estimate only 200 or so...it is not "broken in" imo. Every gun I own, I can release the slide with just my thumb pressing on the release. On my M&P, the release is not easily disengaged with the thumb...I think it is a slight alignment problem as the slide is too aggressively engaged with the release for ease of movement.

I have been away from home for a couple weeks so I will check it out more closely this weekend.

kalepas 09-18-2013 10:50 PM

I have put maybe 100 rounds through it. My thumb never touches the release. The magazine being loaded in releases the slide, engaging a round! So most are saying w more shooting this should change? Or this will all be a consistent feature?

Glockanista 10-06-2013 01:32 PM

Common occurrence. I use it to my advantage with my Glock 34 in match during mag changes.