Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   M&P Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Picked up a new M&P today. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f166/picked-up-new-m-p-today-98695/)

StLshooter 10-13-2013 01:42 AM

Picked up a new M&P today.

2 Attachment(s)
I went to the gun shop the other day and traded my SD9VE towards a M&P shield 40. I took it to the range today and ran 100 rounds through it and I'm impressed. It's very accurate and comfortable for its size. It is so comfortable to carry, I forget that it's there. No need to carry my wife's bodyguard anymore when I'm wearing shorts and a T-shirt, I could not do this with my 9c. I love the shield 40.

JW357 10-13-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StLshooter
I went to the gun shop the other day and traded my SD9VE towards a M&P shield 40. I took it to the range today and ran 100 rounds through it and I'm impressed. It's very accurate and comfortable for its size. It is so comfortable to carry, I forget that it's there. No need to carry my wife's bodyguard anymore when I'm wearing shorts and a T-shirt, I could not do this with my 9c. I love the shield 40.

Nice gun. Congrats. :)

mountainman13 10-13-2013 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Congrats.
I traded my bodyguard in for mine. Great gun.

StLshooter 10-13-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
Congrats. I traded my bodyguard in for mine. Great gun.

What kind of self defense ammo are you using with your shield?

StLshooter 10-13-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Congrats. I traded my bodyguard in for mine. Great gun.

I forgot to ask, how did you color in your M&P logo?

mountainman13 10-13-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StLshooter (Post 1400227)
What kind of self defense ammo are you using with your shield?

I have Hydra shocks and flat tip fmjs staggered.
Quote:

Originally Posted by StLshooter (Post 1400391)
I forgot to ask, how did you color in your M&P logo?

Fingernail Polish and non-acetone remover. Paint on thick, let dry, lightly wipe of excess. Easy peasy.

StLshooter 10-13-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

I have Hydra shocks and flat tip fmjs staggered. Fingernail Polish and non-acetone remover. Paint on thick, let dry, lightly wipe of excess. Easy peasy.

Thanks, your shield looks good. I might have to try that.

rurak 10-15-2013 02:52 PM

I need a good holster for my shield. I have a desantis iwb but its not as comfortable as I would like. Any suggestions??

mountainman13 10-15-2013 03:13 PM

Not really. I got an elite survival systems iwb/pocket holster. I stitched a piece of leather across the bottom because it was cutting my hip.
Aside from the fact that the clip comes off for pocket carry, I wouldn't recommend it. I just grabbed it because it was the only thing the shop had.

JW357 10-15-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rurak
I need a good holster for my shield. I have a desantis iwb but its not as comfortable as I would like. Any suggestions??

I have an Oldfaithful holster for my M&P9c. Highly recommended.