Ok i got the M&P 9c
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > Ok i got the M&P 9c

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default Ok i got the M&P 9c

In California so I have to wait 10 days

What can I get for my new baby ?

I seen on some guns the color kinda See-through sights/ Plastic neon tip. What do they do for ya ?

The laser pointer...... Just cool to have or make your shot better. ?

If you get one do you have to baby it so it won't get kick out of Alignment?

And cool things I don't know about ?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #2

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockly View Post
In California so I have to wait 10 days

What can I get for my new baby ?

I seen on some guns the color kinda See-through sights/ Plastic neon tip. What do they do for ya ?

The laser pointer...... Just cool to have or make your shot better. ?

If you get one do you have to baby it so it won't get kick out of Alignment?

And cool things I don't know about ?
It sounds like you are talking abut a fiber optic sight. They gather light and focus it at the point in the rear so it kind of works like a night sight. It just takes any ambient light and focuses it where you can use it.

Lasers are tricky. It all depends on getting one that is built to take any abuse. Kind of like getting cheap scope rings on a rifle. If it can mount solid it should stay put. But I wouldn't try any 70's cop drama throwing of the pistol.

Now here's going to be a shocker. You don't even have the thing in your hand and you are trying to pretty it up. I'd try buying a bunch of ammo and feed the poor thing so you can get to where you can shoot it well. Fancy sights and lights are cool but they are no substitute for actually learning how to shot that particular pistol. You might find you liek the sights and being your not protecting the world from ninja vampires the garlic laser might be more than you need. Then again you may want these things. But I'd get the thing to a range first and see what you think about it as is. THere was a reason you picked this particular pistol right?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #3

Liked 388 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Now here's going to be a shocker. You don't even have the thing in your hand and you are trying to pretty it up. I'd try buying a bunch of ammo and feed the poor thing so you can get to where you can shoot it well. Fancy sights and lights are cool but they are no substitute for actually learning how to shot that particular pistol. You might find you liek the sights and being your not protecting the world from ninja vampires the garlic laser might be more than you need. Then again you may want these things. But I'd get the thing to a range first and see what you think about it as is. THere was a reason you picked this particular pistol right?
+1. Get to know your piece and PRACTICE. You can add bells and whistles down the road if that's still your taste. It's like baseball. You can spend a ton of money on bats, gloves, wristbands and whatnot, but if you can't hit to begin with, nothing else really matters.

Last edited by Donn; 08-07-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie
+another

Congrats on your purchase. The weapon functions perfectly well as is. No need to waste money yet on add-ons. That comes later, if you want.

All I've done to mine is stippled it for better grip.
image-420151949.jpg   image-1105064121.jpg  

Always have clean socks.

Last edited by JW357; 08-07-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

+another

Congrats on your purchase. The weapon functions perfectly well as is. No need to waste money yet on add-ons. That comes later, if you want.

All I've done to mine is stippled it for better grip.
Why on earth is the picture there twice... And now I can't get rid of it.... Oh well.

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Yeah you guys are right that's for telling a green horn what import. Don't need to waste money on things I don't need

Need to buy a lot of ammo god I love to shoot that gun.

But I need to buy a .22 just so I can stay on the range longer And work on my shooting. I do love holding that gun tho

9 more days

Old 08-08-2013, 04:54 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockly
Yeah you guys are right that's for telling a green horn what import. Don't need to waste money on things I don't need

Need to buy a lot of ammo god I love to shoot that gun.

But I need to buy a .22 just so I can stay on the range longer And work on my shooting. I do love holding that gun tho

9 more days
You can buy an M&P22. It feels pretty similar to shooting your M&P9c, minus the recoil and obviously the 22 is a full sized gun. But the ergos are basically the same.

Always have clean socks.