new m&p 45
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > new m&p 45

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 01:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default new m&p 45

So i managed to get my hands on a m&p 45 after a few years of looking. What are the mods that need to be done? I have heard that the trigger is an issue, is that right or wrong?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-07-2013, 01:55 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I don't think the trigger is an issue at all. BUT apex does make an excellent upgraded trigger kit for the m&p. I have the duty/carry kit on my m&p fs 9mm and it works perfect. Crisp break and nice audible reset. I also added the hogue finger groove grips and the fit is perfect. It install in place of the removable backstrap.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #3

Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1919

Leave it. Shoot it. Love it.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:50 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Alright sounds great!

Old 06-13-2013, 11:36 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm a huge fan of my M&P45 and I have found the trigger to be adequate. Some don't like the mutual depression style and that's been the complaints about it I've heard. I maintain 6" groups out to 25 yards, though cold quick shots generally within a 6" target out to around 15-20 yards. I have no issues doing training with it and doing alternative slide manipulation methods.

If you want to look into turning an M&P into a monster get a 9mm Fullsize and check out the mods that Christ Costa did to his, ATEi did a signature series of his gun, check it out.

screen-shot-2012-09-20-4-38-52-pm.jpg  

Old 06-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

For knowledge purposes, why should I do that to a 9 specifically?

Old 06-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessdragon
So i managed to get my hands on a m&p 45 after a few years of looking. What are the mods that need to be done? I have heard that the trigger is an issue, is that right or wrong?
First off, congrats on your buy! I love M&Ps.

Did you buy it new? If so, consider putting about 1000 rounds through it before you change the trigger.

Some people don't mind it, some people love it, some hate it. Me? I love it, except for the reset. But my gun is new, with prolly less than 300 rounds thru it. I'm gonna see if the reset gets better over time.

Always have clean socks.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, The .45 is a lot heavier for a reason, recoil control. If you start lightening up a .45 you get some pretty crazy recoil coming through your hand. It's just a little bit easier to manage the recoil on a 9mm when you lighten them up on the front end. It can be done with a 40 too but that initial snap from a 40 causes more deflection on a double or triple tap.

If you train with any of the platforms enough with the modifications on them you can train yourself to compensate for them, the 9mm platform is just an even platform that you can start from since it doesn't have that snap of a 40 or the higher recoil of a 45 to adjust yourself into.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

First impressions of my M&P .45 trigger, I was totally not impressed. After a few trips to the range and almost 1000 rounds later, I'm used to it and can squeeze off some accurate shots. Going back to my 1911 is a treat, but you'll eventually get used to the trigger. Oh, forgot to mention that it eventually smooths out in time. Here is mine.