Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > MP40c on it's way

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default MP40c on it's way

My G19 makes me a little nervous and I always wanted a 40 so I got a nice little $80 off deal online. I suspect the Apex trigger package will be in the future, and you'll think I am crazy, but want the ease of the trigger pull with the security of the thumb safety. That's one reason I never carried my Glock condition 1. Now I can chamber a round ( condition 1 1/2?). Can't wait to put this snappy gun through it's paces. Any up front advice greatly appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #2

New toy in the house. Converted to LH mag release in under 3 minutes.....easy. Bought extra mag, 300 practice rounds, 50 SD rounds, and holster is on the way. Practicing dry firing, I can tell that trigger is never going to meet my expectations. After break-in, I'll be taking it to the smith for that APEX trigger conversion. Other than that, this is going to be the safe & effective carry weapon that may put my Glock in mothballs. A finely engineered weapon indeed.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:56 PM   #3

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Why does your G19 make you nervous? M&P was a good choice. I have a m&p 40 full size. Shoots great. I really haven't noticed anything bad about the trigger in comparison to my px4 and 1911

Old 10-14-2012, 02:53 AM   #4

I just like the optional thumb safety. I can't seem to get psychologically comfortable carrying my Glock in condition 1. I feel like I am a little quicker and accurate with a round chambered and the thumb safety versus racking the slide on the G19. It ain't the gun, it's me.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:51 AM   #5

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Gotcha. I was wondering because my m&p 40 doesn't have a safety. But yeah I feel the same way when I handle it