Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   M&P Forum (
-   -   MP40c on it's way (

danolator 10-10-2012 02:09 PM

MP40c on it's way
My G19 makes me a little nervous and I always wanted a 40 so I got a nice little $80 off deal online. I suspect the Apex trigger package will be in the future, and you'll think I am crazy, but want the ease of the trigger pull with the security of the thumb safety. That's one reason I never carried my Glock condition 1. Now I can chamber a round ( condition 1 1/2?). Can't wait to put this snappy gun through it's paces. Any up front advice greatly appreciated.

danolator 10-12-2012 11:34 PM

New toy in the house. Converted to LH mag release in under 3 minutes.....easy. Bought extra mag, 300 practice rounds, 50 SD rounds, and holster is on the way. Practicing dry firing, I can tell that trigger is never going to meet my expectations. After break-in, I'll be taking it to the smith for that APEX trigger conversion. Other than that, this is going to be the safe & effective carry weapon that may put my Glock in mothballs. A finely engineered weapon indeed.

psymmonds 10-13-2012 11:56 PM

Why does your G19 make you nervous? M&P was a good choice. I have a m&p 40 full size. Shoots great. I really haven't noticed anything bad about the trigger in comparison to my px4 and 1911

danolator 10-14-2012 02:53 AM

I just like the optional thumb safety. I can't seem to get psychologically comfortable carrying my Glock in condition 1. I feel like I am a little quicker and accurate with a round chambered and the thumb safety versus racking the slide on the G19. It ain't the gun, it's me.

psymmonds 10-14-2012 04:51 AM

Gotcha. I was wondering because my m&p 40 doesn't have a safety. But yeah I feel the same way when I handle it