Mp vs glock - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > Mp vs glock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

The two real differences I can see or feel are the grips and triggers. The Glock is squared up as far as the grip goes and the M&P has a better trigger feel and with the Shield trigger it is even better. Then you can get the M&P with an external thumb safety also.

This just leaves some room to customize the trigger to your liking.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #12
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Both great guns,highly accurate and dependable. I did trigger jobs to both. Only complaint I have with the m&p is the stupid little lever you have to push down to strip it.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #13

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross
The two real differences I can see or feel are the grips and triggers. The Glock is squared up as far as the grip goes and the M&P has a better trigger feel and with the Shield trigger it is even better. Then you can get the M&P with an external thumb safety also.

This just leaves some room to customize the trigger to your liking.
Have to agree the grip and trigger on and m&p feel a lot better than a glock in my opinion

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 08-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I own an M&P 40c and full size .45, I also own a G17, G19, and a G22. I must say that I like both guns a lot. I do tend to shoot the Glocks a little better and the trigger feels much better in my opinion...especially the reset. I do like the ambidextrous slide release on the M&P and the palm swell grip system as opposed to the back strap design of the Gen 4 Glocks...but I don't use them on the Glock anyway so it's not a huge deal. I have carried both on duty, but my department has started issuing us the G22, and even though I have the option of carrying a personal, I figure why not use their gun instead of my own.

Overall I don't think one is better than the other. There are little things I like about each of them.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 08-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #15

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Our agency uses the M&P40. One gun at the training range has 80,000 rounds through it, with no need for anything beyond being cleaned and lubed.

Personally I own a Glock 21 sf and a S&W m&p 40, and I've not had a single problem with either, though my round count for each is a paltry 1,000...

Old 08-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

The biggest difference for me between the M&P and GLOCK is the grip angle and weight. The M&P will be slightly heavier than a GLOCK. For instance, my M&P .40 is heavier than my GLOCK 22, however, I strongly prefer the grip angle on the M&P over the GLOCK