Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   M&P Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   MP Ejection Issue (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f166/mp-ejection-issue-80153/)

Hightide 01-03-2013 02:41 AM

MP Ejection Issue

I just picked up a new MP9 full size. Fit and finish are excellent, trigger crisper than my Glock and am prepared to love this weapon. I shoot a lot of semi's usually from a weaver type stance.
I took my brand new MP toy out to the range the other day and found a number of ejected rounds hitting me in the forehead! One hot one even wedging in my shooting glasses against the skin for a painful wince.
I don't seem to have the problem when shooting one handed (the cartridges ejecting safely over my right shoulder). Just when using a two hand grip (I am right handed). I suppose it could be my stance, but I do not experience the problem with any other semi auto that I own, Colts, Glocks amongst others.
I spoke to the range safety officer who carries and MP and he said the MP does eject more straight back and that I should put a couple of hundred rounds thru, see if the spring loosens or explore changing my stance for the MP. However, I am not sure why one stance would work with so many semis and not this one.
Anyone else have any thoughts or experience with this issue? If its a warranty matter I want to take care of it timely. Someone on another thread suggested limp wristing, but I would doubt it, I was shooting bulls with it. So far I love the thing except that I am eating brass and will soon develop an understandable flinch!

danolator 01-04-2013 12:42 AM

Grip might be off or you are slightly limp wristing.

CraigC 01-10-2013 04:48 PM

Once I put 500 rds. through mine I stopped getting brass on my hat.

Hightide 01-11-2013 01:38 AM

Brass in Hat

Craig, thanks, I'm off to the range tomorrow and look forward to loosening that spring! Your comment makes me feel a bit more optmistic. I am prepared to love this gun, I really like the fit in my hand and the trigger pull. Thanks

BulletToothT2 01-13-2013 11:56 AM

I bought an M&P 9 FS two weeks ago and have put about 200 rounds through it from a Weaver stance and it happens to me too.... And it's really bad bc I'm a lefty. I get hit with everything... One actually went down the back of my shirt.

My fear is a flinch from the burning and having an accidental discharge...

niteglock 01-18-2013 08:04 AM

U think that's bad. Shoot an ar lefty. Those burn like Satan's balls.

BulletToothT2 01-18-2013 08:20 PM

Lol. I have never has that happen

danolator 01-26-2013 01:01 PM

I noticed this issue some time ago and used a couple tips to adjust my grip and it helped. My 40c still slaps me with brass once in awhile & I am left handed also. IMO this is a design flaw. The ejector should throw back, but more to the right to accommodate Weaver stance & LH shooters. I wonder if they can adjust them?

Hightide 01-29-2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danolator (Post 1110894)
I noticed this issue some time ago and used a couple tips to adjust my grip and it helped. My 40c still slaps me with brass once in awhile & I am left handed also. IMO this is a design flaw. The ejector should throw back, but more to the right to accommodate Weaver stance & LH shooters. I wonder if they can adjust them?

After a couple of more range trips, and a couple of hundred rounds, it seems to be loosening up.