M&P9 full size vs shield? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > M&P9 full size vs shield?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 02:56 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 459 Times on 255 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_G View Post
I don't like it because of the poor (in my opinion reset). But have heard the Apex stuff fixes that.

I find it hard to feel the reset when firing live ammo, dry presses, no problem. I am a bit spoiled, I shoot a 1911 with a 3# trigger, not a fair comparison to the M&P, but they could improve it some. The M&P is a good gun, if it fits your needs.
I almost wish I were a big ole gal or dressed like a guy (not really) so I could carry my fs and be happy.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Old 10-28-2013, 03:23 AM   #22

Liked 304 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Good luck with the search. I ordered a IWB holster for my M&P9c, might make it a good carry option. Of course, the wait time is around December, merry Christmas to me?

Old 10-28-2013, 03:30 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Good luck with the search. I ordered a IWB holster for my M&P9c, might make it a good carry option. Of course, the wait time is around December, merry Christmas to me?
Nice! Im thinking I'll gift myself a fancy carry purse or maybe a flashbang holster.

carrying IWB isn't a good choice for me because I constantly have a baby or a toddler on my hip and Id hate for one of them to kick it and hurt themselves or me or the gun.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Old 10-28-2013, 03:40 AM   #24

The carry purses are nice. Make sure you get one with a reinforced strap. Some even have piano wire in them, you are not going to snag that easily.

OK, I don't own a purse, but was an extra set of safety eyes when a friend of mine taught an all female class a while back. Could be a great way to carry, but, is not attached to your body, so could be a problem. I am sure you have thought about these things. In the end, get the gun you can carry and be proficient at.

I am really hoping this holster will work for at least cold weather.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:50 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
The carry purses are nice. Make sure you get one with a reinforced strap. Some even have piano wire in them, you are not going to snag that easily.

OK, I don't own a purse, but was an extra set of safety eyes when a friend of mine taught an all female class a while back. Could be a great way to carry, but, is not attached to your body, so could be a problem. I am sure you have thought about these things. In the end, get the gun you can carry and be proficient at.

I am really hoping this holster will work for at least cold weather.
My husband carries his 9c IWB and it conceals fairly nicely. When he has a jacket on its near invisible.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:02 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry
My husband carries his 9c IWB and it conceals fairly nicely. When he has a jacket on its near invisible.
(She means around the house. I don't have a CC permit here in Kalifornia, so I am unarmed outside the house.)

Always have clean socks.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:33 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsGodAndCountry View Post
I am waiting on jacket weather... Comes a little later in the south.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #28
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Look into the Beretta Nano as well. It's quite well built, a single stack 9mm, less than a inch thick, points quite naturally. And as I am a lefty as well it adapts itself well to us? No external slide lock though it does lock back on an empty mag. And the mag release is swappable. I have fired many sub compacts but this one seems to aim far more naturally than the others. Nowadays it comes with a 6 and an 8 round magazine. And mine eats anything I feed it. I've got about 8-900 rounds through it with ONE FTE. And that was way back when I first got it.

Something else to consider for about 400 bones.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 10-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
Look into the Beretta Nano as well. It's quite well built, a single stack 9mm, less than a inch thick, points quite naturally. And as I am a lefty as well it adapts itself well to us? No external slide lock though it does lock back on an empty mag. And the mag release is swappable. I have fired many sub compacts but this one seems to aim far more naturally than the others. Nowadays it comes with a 6 and an 8 round magazine. And mine eats anything I feed it. I've got about 8-900 rounds through it with ONE FTE. And that was way back when I first got it.

Something else to consider for about 400 bones.
Thanks! I hadn't even considered that yet. I'll look into it.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe
Look into the Beretta Nano as well. It's quite well built, a single stack 9mm, less than a inch thick, points quite naturally. And as I am a lefty as well it adapts itself well to us? No external slide lock though it does lock back on an empty mag. And the mag release is swappable. I have fired many sub compacts but this one seems to aim far more naturally than the others. Nowadays it comes with a 6 and an 8 round magazine. And mine eats anything I feed it. I've got about 8-900 rounds through it with ONE FTE. And that was way back when I first got it. Something else to consider for about 400 bones.
How is the trigger on the gun? I've read its right around a 5 pound pull, but is it mushy? Crisp? Does it break clean?

How does the trigger compare to other guns in the same class?

Always have clean socks.