Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > M&P Shield Holster Pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default M&P Shield Holster Pics

Just received this today. I don't even own a Shield yet, but when I saw it, I knew this was the one. Im actually in the market for two Shields (one for the wife and one for myself). I was so impressed with it that I just ordered another. You guys may already be familiar with it, but is amazing in both quality and design. What jumped out at me was how minimalistic it was while still maintaining max comfort.

The holster is from "Latour Custom Holsters". You can find him on FB and the owners name is Al. He does all his business via email. I placed my order on Saturday and it was received today.

Here are the pics: Next to a can of dip to show the size. This has the combat cut that allows full purchase of the grip during the draw.

Front

Rear

Size comparison next to a CBST for a G26

Width comparison next to a CBST for a G26

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 701 Times on 457 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

Wow, I'm really liking the size of that thing, definitely interested.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 08-07-2013, 04:14 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hidden Hybrid Holsters

image-3869441992.jpg

Old 08-12-2013, 12:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988
Wow, I'm really liking the size of that thing, definitely interested.
I bought a second one. He ships quick. Now all I need to do is find two Shields under the LE program.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:13 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 531 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
I bought a second one. He ships quick. Now all I need to do is find two Shields under the LE program.
Don't know what exactly you are looking for but a good friend of mine is selling a .40 shield for around $450-475. Don't know how much exactly or if he would be willing to ship via FFL, but if interested PM me.

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 08-12-2013, 01:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf

Don't know what exactly you are looking for but a good friend of mine is selling a .40 shield for around $450-475. Don't know how much exactly or if he would be willing to ship via FFL, but if interested PM me.
I appreciate it fa35jsf, but I'm waiting for the 9 to get back in stock at my LE dealer.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:08 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 531 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak View Post
I appreciate it fa35jsf, but I'm waiting for the 9 to get back in stock at my LE dealer.
No problem. I just bought a 9 myself from that same friend

Practice doesn't make perfect, it make permanent.

When I hear a Liberal say "I can speak for gun owners because I own a shotgun" I just want to scream "Well I can speak for vegetarians because I like lettuce on my cheeseburger!"

Old 08-12-2013, 05:50 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Really nice holster. Of course, some of he width difference in that last picture has to do with the width difference in the two guns in question.

Nonetheless, really nice holster. I'm assuming he does other models? M&P9c? Snubbie revolvers?

Always have clean socks.

Old 08-12-2013, 04:20 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf

No problem. I just bought a 9 myself from that same friend
Good deal fa35jsf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
Really nice holster. Of course, some of he width difference in that last picture has to do with the width difference in the two guns in question.

Nonetheless, really nice holster. I'm assuming he does other models? M&P9c? Snubbie revolvers?
You are exactly right. The other thing I like about it is the size of leather backing. It's large enough to maintain comfort, but small enough that you can position AIWB with no problem. He also does a two clip version for those that prefer a wider leather backing.

Yes on your question about other weapons. Pretty sure I saw a holster for a snub revolver on his FB page.

Old 08-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak

You are exactly right. The other thing I like about it is the size of leather backing. It's large enough to maintain comfort, but small enough that you can position AIWB with no problem. He also does a two clip version for those that prefer a wider leather backing.

Yes on your question about other weapons. Pretty sure I saw a holster for a snub revolver on his FB page.
Yeah after I posted that I had the bright idea of actually going to his Facebook page. He has lots of pics up, and yes I saw a snubbie wheel gun. Looks like he does excellent work, and fairly reasonable prices.

I didn't see anything about a warranty. I know he's a small business but I wonder if he does repairs or that sort of thing?

Always have clean socks.