Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > m&p palm swells

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts

Default m&p palm swells

Does anyone out there think the palm swells suck for the m&p. I do. My fit feels like it would be between the Med and large. I think I'm going to grind the sides down on the large just a tad and put grip tape over it just so it don't look stupid. I need that extra fit for the beaver tail area. I'm used to shooting an HK USP. Those fit me perfect. With the smith. I keep wanting to put my finger crease on the trigger. Any help?

spit hell fire

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 797 Posts
Likes Given: 677

I think they are great. I found the large works best for me because, unlike the glock, it points the muzzle more down and makes for a natural 'point' for me.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #3

Likes Given: 4

I don't think they suck but I felt the same about the swells. The medium felt the best even though it was still a little too thick for me, however after switching to the small grip I'm not shooting low left anymore. It took a while to get used to it but I actually like it now. Sounds like your idea would work. I might try that with the large because I would like a little more under the beaver tail also. Keep us informed.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:33 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default Don't grind yet! See danolater's grip post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock View Post
... My fit feels like it would be between the Med and large. I think I'm going to grind the sides down on the large just a tad and put grip tape over it just so it don't look stupid. I need that extra fit for the beaver tail area. I'm used to shooting an HK USP. Those fit me perfect. With the smith. I keep wanting to put my finger crease on the trigger. Any help?
So far I love my 9mm with the medium swell. It just feels better. I'll have to see about shooting with the others to see how they affect my groups.
Before you go grinding down anything, check out the post earlier by danolater. He put a section of bike tube over his grips and reported back. That way maybe one or two layers on your medium swell would adjust it just enough.

I hit it...didn't I?