M&P magazines - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum >

M&P magazines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I ran into this same problem a few months back. Bought a M&P in decemeber and signed up for a tactical pistol course that required 3 mags minimum. Luckily I found a guy on a local forum who frequented his LGS and he happened to be in there the day I made a post about it so he bought one and shipped it to me and I paid him for it. I lucked out on that one. Funny thing is I didnt even run the M&P at the class because I recently bought a new G19 that I decided to put through its paces. Glock mags and PMAGs are showing up a lot more now. My LGS has both in stock at normal prices.

www.thinkfastholsters.com
www.facebook.com/thinkfastholsters
Instagram @thinkfastholsters

Old 05-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Sorry I kinda jumped on ya, Dan, but the only lesson I've learned as of late is if you see it, buy it! It won't be there for long!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

For instance: I had the opportunity to get in on a Nighthawk Heinie Signature Series competition 5" that just went into production. 8 week wait as opposed to a 22 month wait. Done and done! 5 weeks to go and I can't stand it!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:59 PM   #14
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3531 Times on 2026 Posts
Likes Given: 1559

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachimacho View Post
For instance: I had the opportunity to get in on a Nighthawk Heinie Signature Series competition 5" that just went into production. 8 week wait as opposed to a 22 month wait. Done and done! 5 weeks to go and I can't stand it!
That is a good choice based on a sound decision!
But there is a difference between buying a 1911 platform that has plenty of things around versus that one pistol, with one mag, that has no holster, made by a new company that is trying something new.....or a Hi-Point.

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 05-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

I agree! Aside from my mag debacle, I'm completely outfitted with 10-8, comptac and apex.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1406 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachimacho View Post
I must've missed it. I'm signed up for their email notification for the 17 round mags....At least I thought I was. Have to try it again.
No 17 round, but I assume you meant the 7 round. I have six mags, four 8 round and two 7 round. I got two with the gun, one at the same gun show, One at a LGS and my daughter got me one from S&W for Christmas. We did have to expedite S&W to ship it, so I would advise to call them.3

hey, I am the idiot here. I made an assumption you were talking about the Shield, which is what that story is about. I would call S&W though. Once I bought one from a gun store, I knew S&W should have been shipping mine. Call them.

Last edited by Daoust_Nat; 05-24-2013 at 01:40 AM.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #17

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat

No 17 round, but I assume you meant the 7 round. I have six mags, four 8 round and two 7 round. I got two with the gun, one at the same gun show, One at a LGS and my daughter got me one from S&W for Christmas. We did have to expedite S&W to ship it, so I would advise to call them.3

hey, I am the idiot here. I made an assumption you were talking about the Shield, which is what that story is about. I would call S&W though. Once I bought one from a gun store, I knew S&W should have been shipping mine. Call them.
No worries! I have an order in with them for ten 17 round mags. Shield mags are getting easier to find I believe, due to the fact that most people don't need a dozen for a carry gun. I'd like to get two more 7 and 8 rounders for mine, but I've got bigger fish to fry right now!