M&P bodyguard 380 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > M&P bodyguard 380

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 04:58 PM   #11
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 844

Hmmm. I didn't realize they had done a redesign on it for this year. Looks like the same pistol with a slightly different grip, less the laser. I wonder how the trigger compares.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 01-07-2014, 05:27 PM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Well now 2 magazines included (finger groove and flat butt plate). New Ergonomic grip, external takedown lever and slide stop, manual thumb safety, double action fire control (2nd strike compatibility)

Old 01-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #13

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromo2014 View Post
Well now 2 magazines included (finger groove and flat butt plate). New Ergonomic grip, external takedown lever and slide stop, manual thumb safety, double action fire control (2nd strike compatibility)
Other then the ergo grip(maybe) all those features were on the original.

Old 01-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #14

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
I absolutely hated the damn thing. Absolute worst trigger I have even had the displeasure of pulling. Aside from that and the inadequate caliber (IMO ) it is a great gun. I waited for months for the trigger kit to come out and they sold out before I could get one. I sold it and got a shield 40. It's a little bit bigger but the caliber and trigger more than make up for it. I will still be doing an apex kit and sight swap on it though.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.
Ditto, except I bought the Shield 9mm. I could not stand the trigger on the BG.

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:32 PM   #15

Liked 169 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 139

I didn't know about the new Bodyguard, they give you a second mag and dropped the lazer. I really don't use the lazer any way. I think it's been more trouble than its worth...

Old 01-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #16

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by john300k View Post
I didn't know about the new Bodyguard, they give you a second mag and dropped the lazer. I really don't use the lazer any way. I think it's been more trouble than its worth...
My lazer never worked w the switch, I could remove the button and use something metal to activate it even after Smith sent 2 different sets of buttons. Mine came w 2 flat bottom mags a dayplanner type case I believe it was a earlier model, I felt for the money $340 it was a great little gun.

Old 02-01-2014, 03:25 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I bought one for my fiancé and she shoots it a lot better than me. Personally I hate the trigger feels like it ten plus pounds. But she doesn't have a problem with it. It's very small and I like it comes with the laser for only around 375. Good price

Old 04-07-2014, 08:59 PM   #18

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunLover528 View Post
I bought one for my fiancé and she shoots it a lot better than me. Personally I hate the trigger feels like it ten plus pounds. But she doesn't have a problem with it. It's very small and I like it comes with the laser for only around 375. Good price
The ten pound trigger pull is design in on purpose, being a small powerful pocket gun it was designed for targets less the 10 meters best around 20 foot range. Idea is if you have to pull the trigger that hard the accidental discharge rate would be very low and it you pull and shoot at 20 foot it may not be a bulls eye put the target will be hit.
I would never use mine on a threat target of more than 20 foot period.
That slide comes back with a bunch of power and if you grip high as I do you stand a chance of getting a thumb/finger skin graft!
Sw service is great but they will not lighten trigger pull on this gun and I also would never recommend doing so.
The BG 380 is a difficult gun to shoot but fill it with CoreBons in a pocket holster and you will forget it is there until you need it.
I have 5 MP 9's and 40's and even the 9C 9MM I cannot carry as a CCW shows in my clothes.
BG so far is the only one I can carry in a pocket holster and not imprint in clothes. If I find a better choice I will look for an excuse to acquire one!
Take note this is not a gun you will shoot many rounds out of since it is more expensive price per round and just plain hard to shoot, but a nice lil friend to have close by.