M&P 9c
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > M&P 9c

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default M&P 9c

Hi all first post. Real new to handguns and looking to buy one. Just join a indoor range and found the gun I liked. M&P 9c. Tried 4 guns out but I like the M&P 9c. Glock was to blocky. Like I was holding a 2x4. And the Luger 9 something I like and it came with a laser but the long trigger... Can't see what I'm typing

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Ok drove me nuts. Didn't know when it was going to shoot. Didn't like it at all. Same as the Kar something ( sorry I'm new). But the question is should I try a gun I haven't seen ? I shot the glock 19, s&m 9c, Kar something 9 and the Luger 9. All 9mm guns

2nd question is. 9mm get up there to shoot.

Will a .22 help my shooting ( new to shooting ) later for my 9mm. I can shoot a .22 tell the cows come home. Then a 9mm.

Thanks or the info

Old 08-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1203 Times on 672 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Default Howdy

If you can find 22 ammunition at a reasonable price, it can be great practice. This is magnified if your 22 is a copy of your larger caliber gun, Ruger SR22 & SR9.

I assume you mean a Ruger of some sort in the caliber of 9mm Luger.

Luger and Ruger may work well together in a limerick, but certainly not the same company.

Ruger makes several 9mm caliber pistols, LC9, SR9 are a couple.

There are lots of handguns to choose from, find a range/shop that rents them and try as many as you can afford. You will find one that fits your hand.

Oh, welcome to the forum. Stop by the Introduction thread and say howdy to the other members.

Last edited by Gatoragn; 08-05-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #4

Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1663

Can't get any better than the M&P 9c.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Yeah a Ruger typo

Old 08-07-2013, 01:05 AM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Excellent choice young skywalker I want the m&pc in 9 mill myself. Once you get more familiar with firearms your taste will vary. My first love was the Glock; still love them too but, you cant limit yourself to just one manufacturer.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:51 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockpotion23
Excellent choice young skywalker I want the m&pc in 9 mill myself. Once you get more familiar with firearms your taste will vary. My first love was the Glock; still love them too but, you cant limit yourself to just one manufacturer.
Good choice to both of you in the M&P9c. I an one, and I love it! Fits my hand better than any other poly gun I've held.

There is also an M&P 22, full sized. It may not be the same size gun, but its basically the same gun for the user. It would make an excellent trainer.

Shooting any .22 will help your fundamentals, as long as you're doing your part. I definitely recommend having one at some point.

As far as the full caliber gun ones, start by holding several in your hands. Figure out which feel best to you, then try to rent them to get a feel for how they shoot. You may end up not liking the M&P9c, despite what we say here. Get what feels the best and what you shoot the best.

Also, don't shy from revolvers!

Always have clean socks.

Glockpotion23 Likes This 
Old 12-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #8

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I like our 9c and carry it most of the time, but unless your gonna conceal it the fullsize will be a lot more accurate, we also have a G19 and I'm a lot better shot w it, I think it's mostly due to the longer barrel. As far as brand wise S&W M&P's are hard to beat tho I would look at the XD and XDm from Springfield as well.

Old 12-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #9

Default I aggree

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357 View Post
Good choice to both of you in the M&P9c. I an one, and I love it! Fits my hand better than any other poly gun I've held.

There is also an M&P 22, full sized. It may not be the same size gun, but its basically the same gun for the user. It would make an excellent trainer.

Shooting any .22 will help your fundamentals, as long as you're doing your part. I definitely recommend having one at some point.

As far as the full caliber gun ones, start by holding several in your hands. Figure out which feel best to you, then try to rent them to get a feel for how they shoot. You may end up not liking the M&P9c, despite what we say here. Get what feels the best and what you shoot the best.

Also, don't shy from revolvers!
I have both M&P 9C and M&P 22. I believe this is the way to go. You are using basically the same platform when chosing the M&P Line.

Great Products!

Old 12-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #10

The M&P 9c would be an excellent choice. I carry one every day and really like it. I also own an M&P 22 and it makes a great trainer for the 9c. You can't go wrong with the M&P Family.