Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > m&p 9c

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 03:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default m&p 9c

I'm looking to buy a m&p 9 compact is it a good gun. Anybody out there have any good or bad experience with it. I used to have a xdm 9 compact are they similar guns? And what's the good or bad of the m&p 9c?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #2

Likes Given: 1

Default thoughts

Some random thoughts. Glock 26, M&P9c, and Springfield Xd9 are all good choices. All are high quality and all have a lot of after market accessories that are easy to get. I like the grip angle on the M&Pc better than the Glock or Xd. I prefer the M&P9c model with no manual saftey and with the crimson trace laser. Nothing wrong with the model that has the safety however. Both Glock and M&P have a lower bore axis than the Springfield XD, this may or may not matter to you, the only way to tell is to shoot all of them. XD has the grip safety which is a nice feature that doesn't add any complexity. Glock is the easiest and quickest to break down for cleaning, followed by the XD, followed by the M&P. I like hogue or packmyer rubber sleeves to enhance the grip. Another nice option are trijicon night sites. M&P is the longest of the three, followed by the Glock, then Xd. Glock is the lightest, then M&P, then XD. None are pocket pistols. I like the M&P Shield better than any above as a CCW.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

The 9c is a great gun after a trigger job. Relatively easy to conceal for a mid-sized gun. I still prefer my glock though.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

ive shot the full size m&p .40 and i like the grip and sights better. but i havent shot a glock yet. but the m&p's are nice firearms.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #5

Liked 213 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 15

What mountainman13 said.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have an M&P 9c and an M&P 45. They are both great guns. I was in a local gun store and the S&W Rep just happened to be there. Since my experience with the VE 40 were not good I was staying away from S&W. The rep explained to me the history of the VE line and how they had made mistakes making a cheap gun. So he invited me to try the M&P. I bought one on his recommendation and guarantee. What a nice surprise. This gun shoots well, on target, and no problems. So well I went back and bought the 45. Don't shy away from the M&P, they are great handguns.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #7

Likes Given: 2

+1 on the Sheild............great carry gun

Old 03-28-2013, 12:48 AM   #8

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

M&p9c is a great gun. It accepts full size mags. It is a good all in one gun or a back up to your full size. If all you want is a CCW go shield if you want an all around gun go compact IMO. The trigger works itself out after shooting. Polishing the trigger components will also correct any issues you have. You don't need to spend $100 plus on a trigger job, if your new to guns a competent S&W can make a smith trigger feel like glass

Old 06-22-2013, 07:09 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4454
M&p9c is a great gun. It accepts full size mags. It is a good all in one gun or a back up to your full size. If all you want is a CCW go shield if you want an all around gun go compact IMO. The trigger works itself out after shooting. Polishing the trigger components will also correct any issues you have. You don't need to spend $100 plus on a trigger job, if your new to guns a competent S&W can make a smith trigger feel like glass
Looking to get a m&p 9c how bad is the trigger

Old 06-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieHaynes View Post
Looking to get a m&p 9c how bad is the trigger
IIRC, no manual safety -was a deal breaker for me. Got a Px4 Storm Compact.