M&p 45 night sights
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > M&p 45 night sights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default M&p 45 night sights

Have never put night sights on a gun before but I have been kicking around the idea of putting them on my 45. I guess a good place to start is what is a good brand. Second, is this something that I can easily do myself? I am guessing that I can just drive the factory sights out o the dovetail and pop the new ones in. If anybody has any experience on the topic I would appreciate whatever info you can share. Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #2

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

See if the LGS will install them for you if you buy the sights thru them. If it is going to be an online purchase it can be done at home. I haven't put any on an M&P but I did put some on a Glock, it took 15-20 minutes being careful.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:52 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman
Have never put night sights on a gun before but I have been kicking around the idea of putting them on my 45. I guess a good place to start is what is a good brand. Second, is this something that I can easily do myself? I am guessing that I can just drive the factory sights out o the dovetail and pop the new ones in. If anybody has any experience on the topic I would appreciate whatever info you can share. Thanks
Trijicon and meprolights are excellent brands. I also like truglo sights. I Also agree with what levelcross said. You can have your Lgs install them for you. If your a do-it-yourselfer, you can place the slide in a padded vise and tap the sights out yourself. Or purchase a sight tool and remove them that way. There are tons of videos on YouTube about sight removal and installation. If your going to do it yourself, I'd start there. Good luck

Old 12-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #4

Liked 162 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Thanks nickel. I will do some shopping and let you know how it turns out.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumman
Thanks nickel. I will do some shopping and let you know how it turns out.
Your very welcome. If you decide to remove the sights yourself, I believe they should be removed from left to right, and installed from right to left. You should verify that info yourself though.

Old 06-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I went with the Tru-Glo TFO (Tritium/Fiber Optic), you get the best of both worlds with this sight. It has been through quite a bit of harsh conditions and still glow bright both day and night. I bought a sight pusher tool and did mine in about 8 minutes for both sights. The tool was about $120 but well worth it since I have several M&Ps that I had planned to upgrade my sights on some of them. The only thing you must use caution with is the rear sights. While pushing it off, there is a spring the resides under the rear sights. If your not carefull, this spring will go flying. It's tiny and under compression, so I would say this is the only thing to be worried about. I place my entire pistol in a ziplock bag while backing off the rear sights and as the spring went flying out, the bag retained it. Anyways good luck with yours and enjoy the pistol. I've included a pic of mine below.