M&P .40 issue - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum >

M&P .40 issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 189 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams556 View Post
No offense to OP but this is probably the issue. I have had very few malfunctions with my M&P and everyone was while someone else was firing it.
I cringe when I see this thought being put forward...a defense gun, handguns in this case, must have a wide operating window with which to be judged a good weapon. On the contrary to some of the posters here...it is almost never the shooter and his/her grip as the root cause...maybe...and I mean maybe a manifestation of a mechanical issue will show up with grip strength. The weapon is a high precision mechanical instrument and when outfitted with properly fitted accessories, should produce results over a wide array of shooters and conditions. M&P has a great reputation and brand...I would look at the mag first, marking them to see if you can isolate one problematic mag...if the failures occur with several mags/ammo types then send your gun in with a full description...may be a mechanical issue, although rare, they do occur.

Just because a few people go through life without a problem, doesn't mean problems don't exist with other guns in the same population...it is an odds game and you may have drawn the unlucky straw.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:03 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

Mouser I am just shy of a1000 rounds and I have only seen 3-4.

This is simple high school physicals. If the guns recoil is mostly being soaked up by a limp wristed grip of course the slide will not actuate properly.

This is like taking a finely turned sports car onto a sheet of ice and blaming the car when you smack a tree, because the brakes "didn't work".