M&P .40 issue - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > M&P .40 issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 142 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams556 View Post
No offense to OP but this is probably the issue. I have had very few malfunctions with my M&P and everyone was while someone else was firing it.
I cringe when I see this thought being put forward...a defense gun, handguns in this case, must have a wide operating window with which to be judged a good weapon. On the contrary to some of the posters here...it is almost never the shooter and his/her grip as the root cause...maybe...and I mean maybe a manifestation of a mechanical issue will show up with grip strength. The weapon is a high precision mechanical instrument and when outfitted with properly fitted accessories, should produce results over a wide array of shooters and conditions. M&P has a great reputation and brand...I would look at the mag first, marking them to see if you can isolate one problematic mag...if the failures occur with several mags/ammo types then send your gun in with a full description...may be a mechanical issue, although rare, they do occur.

Just because a few people go through life without a problem, doesn't mean problems don't exist with other guns in the same population...it is an odds game and you may have drawn the unlucky straw.

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:03 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts

Mouser I am just shy of a1000 rounds and I have only seen 3-4.

This is simple high school physicals. If the guns recoil is mostly being soaked up by a limp wristed grip of course the slide will not actuate properly.

This is like taking a finely turned sports car onto a sheet of ice and blaming the car when you smack a tree, because the brakes "didn't work".