I need to be convinced into buying!!! Help! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > I need to be convinced into buying!!! Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I will agree. I have been contemplating one for myself. I can't decide on caliber. My duty weapon is a glock and it's beginning to grow on me, but during training with the M&P I was impressed right away. It has options of three grips to fit your hand. I would suggest trying all three grips to be sure of decision. The medium fit my hand but I just did not have the control I thought I should have. I went to the large grip and put an entire clip in the center of the 4 at twenty yards. Accuracy is great. We didn’t do any shooting at the fifty with the M&P. The slide action is smooth and not over powering to where you lose your sight picture. Maintenance is minimal like the glock. Disassembly is easy. I can't think of anything negative about the gun other than if your have a limp wrist it cant stove pipe the casing. Buy it, if you don't like it, it wont be gard to resale.

If you can remember how many weapons you have? You Don't have enough. Breathe, Squease, and Move on.

Old 09-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #12

Liked 206 Times on 154 Posts

Not to be bashing because I know S&W makes some fine weapons. But you will never ever hear me trying to convince someone to own one. Nor will I ever own another one. That was a promise I made them after my sigma blew up in my hand, and their lack of any kind from their CS. Well they did very smart ass offer to throw it away for me.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #13

Liked 625 Times on 372 Posts
Likes Given: 1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
Not to be bashing because I know S&W makes some fine weapons. But you will never ever hear me trying to convince someone to own one. Nor will I ever own another one. That was a promise I made them after my sigma blew up in my hand, and their lack of any kind from their CS. Well they did very smart ass offer to throw it away for me.
Im sorry for your experience. Ive got a Sigma and it runs like a tank. I love it.

Now the difference Between the Sigma and the M&P is like comparing a Ford Ranger to an F250sd.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:11 AM   #14

Likes Given: 4

Got to say i had the XD 40, didnt like the feel, and the trigger. After i sold it i wanted to try the Glock 9's and didn't like the feel of them. Tried the M&P's, loved the way it felt in my hand and bought a Pro 9 5" series. Took it out and shot it and completely fell in love w/ it. I have to say i experenced after shooting it i had felt a little grittyness in the trigger. This was after my shooting at the range and cleaning it. Well let me tell you something about S&W. Lifetime warranty. Called them and they sent me a return label for FED EX and sent the gun back and recieved it back with a beautiful trigger that i almost thought they put in a Apex trigger job. Of course they did'nt but these people had my gun back in a week or so.S&W stands by what they make and they dont himm and haw about returns. Since then i picked up a new SD 9 and love that one also. Buy the the M&P. Example, My son whos a cop and armor for 14 years always carried a Glock 27 off duty, tried a S&W Shield and swears by the Shield way over the Glock all day.Sold the Glock and carries the Shield.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:34 AM   #15

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 366

I've heard from a lot of people who have owned glocks M&P and XDm the most influential aspect of M&P was the grip ergonomics. And they are the most form fitting and comfortable to shoot. However I've never owned one. But that's the reoccouring factor I hear when considering an M&P

Old 09-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
I've heard from a lot of people who have owned glocks M&P and XDm the most influential aspect of M&P was the grip ergonomics. And they are the most form fitting and comfortable to shoot. However I've never owned one. But that's the reoccouring factor I hear when considering an M&P
I agree with this ^^^.

My M&P40 is the most comfortable pistol I've held. That said, I prefer the trigger on my XDm9.

Both are keepers for me!

Last edited by ZeusEcho; 09-17-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:03 AM   #17

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36
Hey Gh0. I've got sm to md hands my new M&P 40 fits great in my hand. I've owned a Kahr cm9 and Ruger LCP & my Shield feels & fits the best. My2Cents