Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   M&P Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   finally... an m&p shield 9! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f166/finally-m-p-shield-9-a-77256/)

Krisms 11-27-2012 11:54 PM

finally... an m&p shield 9!

after a looong wait and almost checking daily on all the lgs in town i finally got the m&p shield 9mm. shooters in jax, fl is the only one that has it in stock for $449. heads up for those in the jax area...

TX45 11-28-2012 12:14 AM

Congrats! I love to have the Shield 9mm, too!

clearsights 11-28-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krisms
after a looong wait and almost checking daily on all the lgs in town i finally got the m&p shield 9mm. shooters in jax, fl is the only one that has it in stock for $449. heads up for those in the jax area...

Enjoy! The first time I took my wife to the range with mine her first words were...
I want one!

Krisms 12-01-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clearsights

Enjoy! The first time I took my wife to the range with mine her first words were...
I want one!

pretty funny, my wife isn't into guns but when she held the shield she told me to make sure to bring her to the range so she can try it.

sirbergersworth 12-02-2012 02:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krisms

pretty funny, my wife isn't into guns but when she held the shield she told me to make sure to bring her to the range so she can try it.

My wife isn't into guns but enjoys shooting my 9shield also. She has trouble with racking the first round. That is her only complaint. I am considering a M&P9 full size for us to shoot at the range. I would assume the slide on a full size is a bit easier to operate compared to a shield. My only other handgun is a M&P22 and that racks super easy of course.

Attachment 72476

clearsights 12-02-2012 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirbergersworth (Post 1035269)

My wife isn't into guns but enjoys shooting my 9shield also. She has trouble with racking the first round. That is her only complaint. I am considering a M&P9 full size for us to shoot at the range. I would assume the slide on a full size is a bit easier to operate compared to a shield. My only other handgun is a M&P22 and that racks super easy of course.

My wife had issues at first but worked on her two handed push/pull technique and has no problems with it anymore.

Krisms 12-04-2012 01:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
went to the range and fired a few rounds of aguila 124gr 9mm. i may have limp wristed that's why i got this stovepipe. other than that it went flawless.

Stillersfan 12-04-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krisms (Post 1038277)
went to the range and fired a few rounds of aguila 124gr 9mm. i may have limp wristed that's why i got this stovepipe. other than that it went flawless.

I have ran 200 rounds through mine out of the box and had no issues. :)

sdiver35 12-04-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillersfan

I have ran 200 rounds through mine out of the box and had no issues. :)

I bought three and have sold one and gave one to my wife. The last one I am leaning towards keeping...after shooting my wife's I am hooked!

rurak 12-04-2012 09:29 PM

Im taking a small portion of my tax return and getting one in 9mm with a holster ...... cant wait!