Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   M&P Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Does anyone not like their m&p? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f166/does-anyone-not-like-their-m-p-77913/)

eric1985al 12-06-2012 11:36 PM

Does anyone not like their m&p?

I am in the market for a full sized 9mm handgun and want to buy American made. I narrowed it down to a fn-p or m&p 9. I have shot both and liked the m&p slightly more. Everything I read (other than the trigger, which I liked) has been two over exaggerated thumbs up across the board. Do any owners have some of the bad points if there are any. Thanks and best regards

DirkFugliss 12-07-2012 12:12 AM

I have had the 9c for about two months and I have had front sight issues.

At first the paint used in the front sight came out during the first trip to the range. Then I noticed the whole front sight drifted left when I cleaned it after the first 70 rounds. Tapped it the back with a wooden dowel and it drifted again with the next 85 at the range.

Do Google search, you'll find hits for M&P sight issues. I have since upgraded to Ameriglo night sights... haven't been back to the range yet

pistolpacker 12-07-2012 12:12 AM

I have an mp compact. I love mine. It's easy to conceal, 12 rd magazine that I carry with. 3.5 in barrel. Felt recoil is good and is a pleasure to shoot. IMO a full size mp9 would be a little big to carry (at least for me). But the compact or even the shield is a great carry gun. I just like the compact for the extra mag cap.

magnumman 12-07-2012 12:13 AM

I cannot think of a single bad thing to say about my m&p.

bige91603 12-07-2012 12:34 AM

Hate the trigger, travel and reset aren't the best in my opinion

sdiver35 12-07-2012 12:45 AM

My wife loves her M&P .40 and has never had an issue. I have the M&P .40 VTAC and had an issue with the fiber optic piece popping out of the front site. No biggie though, a little Loc-tite blue solved the problem. Between the two of us we have probably shot close to 1,000 shot through each and there have been no feed, fire or ejection problems.

Fred_G 12-08-2012 05:35 PM

Love my 9C, but like some of the others, the dots fell out of the front and rear sites. Smith offered to repair the gun for free, but I did not want to be without it for a few weeks. I just painted the dots myself.

ccrape 12-08-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bige91603
Hate the trigger, travel and reset aren't the best in my opinion

I have an M&P shield 9 and 40c and didn't care for either trigger but replaced them with apex trigger kits and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the word.

ch3st3r 12-09-2012 05:13 AM

Thinking about puchasing an M&P 40 and would like to have the pinkie grip for it. Any one know where and how much for one?

danolator 12-09-2012 10:42 AM

Had two FTF's when firing Gold Dots at the range yesterday. All practice ammo fed just fine. Rethinking CC ammo now.