Brought the M&P .40 home - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > Brought the M&P .40 home

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 116 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Surfaces of the sear that engage the trigger bar. The area of the trigger bar that slides along the sear. The surfaces of the trigger bar that push up the striker block. Done carefully with fine gunsmith polishing stone, and then polished with some jewelers rouge and a dremel polishing wheel. Very little at all. Very careful about not changeling any angles or geometry at this time. Left the sear/striker engagement surfaces alone. May consider polishing the sear block angle and even rounding it a bit to get rid of the couple of the clunks toward the end of the pull. Pretty sure that is all the apex sear block has different than stock.

Am confused, how about I send my gun to you and you so it for me??

Old 06-08-2014, 07:18 PM   #12

Liked 2290 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABoss View Post
Am confused, how about I send my gun to you and you so it for me??
There are a few YouTube videos out there that would explain the parts and surfaces I'm talking about. Also, it seems the current M&P pistols already have some slightly improved parts from the factory, compared to some of the early ones. So some of those parts on mine only required minor polish or smithing.

Old 06-11-2014, 05:26 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmiller View Post
Same Thing with me. I bought the M&P compact 40 as a carry gun, its not terrible but its definitely not one of my 1911's. I did try the 15 rd magpul mag in mine as a cheapout way of extending the grip(large hands).

Have you found a good carry holster for this thing yet? everything I tried at Cabelas was aukward to say the least.

I picked up a holster from Old Faithful holsters. I bought the one that was partially assembled. It ran me $40 and I love it! I hardly notice my M&P 9c is even there. Finishing the assembly was a breeze. The holster looks identical to the Crossbreed.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
Old 06-12-2014, 01:27 AM   #14

Liked 294 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon2868 View Post
I picked up a holster from Old Faithful holsters. I bought the one that was partially assembled. It ran me $40 and I love it! I hardly notice my M&P 9c is even there. Finishing the assembly was a breeze. The holster looks identical to the Crossbreed.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for! Order placed....

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Old 06-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmiller View Post
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for! Order placed....

Good! Glad you found it. They are very adjustable too. I personally like my front hook way up and the back down so it tilts my 9c into my body a bit. Still easy to draw and makes it much more concealed. They send you extra parts as well in case you loose some. I have taken advantage of this already as well. Enjoy!