Anybody on here own a mp 9c?? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > Anybody on here own a mp 9c??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross

I have big paws so the large back strap was a must. If you are used to shooting a Glock it is hard to get accustomed to being smaller, if you are used to a 1911 it will fit like a glove. I had to put a hogue sleeve on it to feel right for a while. And if you call S&W they will send you a free mag extension for the other mag.
Got to shoot one at the range this past weekend, but they only had the small palm swell (but it had the mag extension) . I am sure the large palm swell would have felt better.

S&W would send a free extension for the other mag? I am more and more impressed by their customer service the more I hear... thanks!

Old 10-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #12

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Dirk, call from a land line as it takes a while to get thru to customer service. Once you have a human on the other end everything is good from there on out. I think mine took 3 weeks to arrive.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #13

Liked 377 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I've got all three. Full size, Compact 9, and Shield, C9 being the first and still my favorite. Shoots/groups very well, is easy to control, good 2nd shot acquisition and is cheaper to shoot than a. 40 S&W. The "down" side is even with the short mag, it's a little bulky and heavy for summer carry, which is why I got the Shield.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I have both the 9c and the Shield. Love them both. Both shoot well in my hands. Interestingly, I use the largest grip on the 9c, even though my hands aren't especially large. The Shield fits my hand great, but the 9c points much better with the large insert. Noticeably better than the small insert, which is more like the Shield. Don't really understand that, but, oh well.

The 9c is my "favorite" carry gun, but I have wound up carrying the Shield more than any other. The weight difference is significantly noticeable to me, and the Shield is better for me for summer carry. I typically carry it in a cargo pocket when I'm wearing shorts. We'll see if I go back to the 9c now that it's cooler.

Also, I find that with the Shield, I have no problem also carrying an extra mag. With the 9c, I usually don't carry a spare.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #15

Likes Given: 1

Went ahead and bought the 9c about a week ago and i feel like i made a good purchase. Put 70 rounds through her today and had one round that did not fire. Not sure if that was because of the ammo (remington umc luger 115) .

On this thread i initially asked about other's experience with this compact. I have big hands but I believe I can 'learn' this gun after more trips to the range. I will not 'blame the gun,' and if HICKOK45 can wield a baby glock with accuracy, so can I!!!! Practice, Practice!!

Only down side to my first trip to the range with my 9c is my front sight white dot fell out!!!!! I have read this is a common problem and it's not major for me, but c'mon S&W ... off to the model shop for Testers or I'll have to borrow some lady's nail polish for a second ... it'll be fun explaining that without explaining the 'what for?' Or the CPL!!