Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > Anybody on here own a mp 9c??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Anybody on here own a mp 9c??

Hello everyone

I have been looking for what has now turned into months for a mp shield. And there just aren't any. Occasionally you can find one in .40 but I need a 9. ( arthritic hands and wrists). Plus my hands are small. I know the 9c has changeable backstraps so I don't think the gun would be to wide.

But what about recoil? Do they shoot well? Conceal easy? What can you tell me about them

Thanks in advance

Roger

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wow. Nobody huh?

Old 09-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #3

Likes Given: 1

I have both a 9c and a shield and with the small back strap on the 9c is about the same as the Shield. I haven't shot them back to back but there doesn't seem to be much difference in the felt recoil either if you can get a 9c I would do it it's only a little wider and conceals just as easy under a t-shirt. The 3 extra rounds in the 9c is a plus as well ;-)

Old 09-20-2012, 04:37 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingolfer
I have both a 9c and a shield and with the small back strap on the 9c is about the same as the Shield. I haven't shot them back to back but there doesn't seem to be much difference in the felt recoil either if you can get a 9c I would do it it's only a little wider and conceals just as easy under a t-shirt. The 3 extra rounds in the 9c is a plus as well ;-)
Thanks a lot for the reply! I went ahead and bought a 9c. Traded in a keltec pf9 ( that I didn't care for). Can't wait to shoot it. It is a little wider than the shield. But still fits my hand with the small backstrap. Plus I'm gonna like the extra capacity magazines.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #5

Likes Given: 1

Does anyone with large hands own the M&P 9c? I have shot the full size .40 & I really liked the grip. And I held the 9c at a gun show but did not get a chance to shoot it yet. I have large hands.

If you own the 9c and have large hands, what has been your experience in learning/getting used to the gun?

Last edited by DirkFugliss; 09-24-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:40 PM   #6

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I don't know what you consider large hands but I'm 6'' and I wear large gloves and I don't have any problems with my 9C, I have the medium backstraps on it. It's very accuate and hardly any recoil, great gun IMO.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:53 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The 9c is 1.2" wide. If you needed the large backstrap it does "bulge" it out a little. Noticed it on mine when I was playin around with my backstraps.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

I just bought the 40 cal shield and love it. Shoots great

image-918096372.jpg  

Old 09-25-2012, 03:43 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsdad40cc
I just bought the 40 cal shield and love it. Shoots great
Congrats on the shield! That was my first choice! But I got frustrated and ran out if patience trying to find one so I bought the 9c instead. But after buying it and holding it in my hand, I think it will be fine. Plus I get the extra mag capacity.

Old 10-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #10

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFugliss View Post
Does anyone with large hands own the M&P 9c? I have shot the full size .40 & I really liked the grip. And I held the 9c at a gun show but did not get a chance to shoot it yet. I have large hands.

If you own the 9c and have large hands, what has been your experience in learning/getting used to the gun?
I have big paws so the large back strap was a must. If you are used to shooting a Glock it is hard to get accustomed to being smaller, if you are used to a 1911 it will fit like a glove. I had to put a hogue sleeve on it to feel right for a while. And if you call S&W they will send you a free mag extension for the other mag.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.