Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   M&P Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Anybody on here own a mp 9c?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f166/anybody-here-own-mp-9c-72720/)

pistolpacker 09-18-2012 09:49 PM

Anybody on here own a mp 9c??

Hello everyone

I have been looking for what has now turned into months for a mp shield. And there just aren't any. Occasionally you can find one in .40 but I need a 9. ( arthritic hands and wrists). Plus my hands are small. I know the 9c has changeable backstraps so I don't think the gun would be to wide.

But what about recoil? Do they shoot well? Conceal easy? What can you tell me about them

Thanks in advance

Roger

pistolpacker 09-19-2012 04:08 AM

Wow. Nobody huh?

travelingolfer 09-19-2012 11:25 PM

I have both a 9c and a shield and with the small back strap on the 9c is about the same as the Shield. I haven't shot them back to back but there doesn't seem to be much difference in the felt recoil either if you can get a 9c I would do it it's only a little wider and conceals just as easy under a t-shirt. The 3 extra rounds in the 9c is a plus as well ;-)

pistolpacker 09-20-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by travelingolfer
I have both a 9c and a shield and with the small back strap on the 9c is about the same as the Shield. I haven't shot them back to back but there doesn't seem to be much difference in the felt recoil either if you can get a 9c I would do it it's only a little wider and conceals just as easy under a t-shirt. The 3 extra rounds in the 9c is a plus as well ;-)

Thanks a lot for the reply! I went ahead and bought a 9c. Traded in a keltec pf9 ( that I didn't care for). Can't wait to shoot it. It is a little wider than the shield. But still fits my hand with the small backstrap. Plus I'm gonna like the extra capacity magazines.

DirkFugliss 09-24-2012 11:36 PM

Does anyone with large hands own the M&P 9c? I have shot the full size .40 & I really liked the grip. And I held the 9c at a gun show but did not get a chance to shoot it yet. I have large hands.

If you own the 9c and have large hands, what has been your experience in learning/getting used to the gun?

silverado113 09-24-2012 11:40 PM

I don't know what you consider large hands but I'm 6'' and I wear large gloves and I don't have any problems with my 9C, I have the medium backstraps on it. It's very accuate and hardly any recoil, great gun IMO.

pistolpacker 09-24-2012 11:53 PM

The 9c is 1.2" wide. If you needed the large backstrap it does "bulge" it out a little. Noticed it on mine when I was playin around with my backstraps.

Bearsdad40cc 09-25-2012 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just bought the 40 cal shield and love it. Shoots great

pistolpacker 09-25-2012 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearsdad40cc
I just bought the 40 cal shield and love it. Shoots great

Congrats on the shield! That was my first choice! But I got frustrated and ran out if patience trying to find one so I bought the 9c instead. But after buying it and holding it in my hand, I think it will be fine. Plus I get the extra mag capacity.

levelcross 10-03-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkFugliss (Post 953264)
Does anyone with large hands own the M&P 9c? I have shot the full size .40 & I really liked the grip. And I held the 9c at a gun show but did not get a chance to shoot it yet. I have large hands.

If you own the 9c and have large hands, what has been your experience in learning/getting used to the gun?

I have big paws so the large back strap was a must. If you are used to shooting a Glock it is hard to get accustomed to being smaller, if you are used to a 1911 it will fit like a glove. I had to put a hogue sleeve on it to feel right for a while. And if you call S&W they will send you a free mag extension for the other mag. :)