Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > any mods should I do to my mp 9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 21 Posts

The trigger on a M&P is fine. A apex RAM is all that is needed. Once the trigger components smooth out the trigger is great. I have ~5000 rounds through mine. You can always just have a smith polish the trigger components. Newer models have a solid reset which makes the RAM unnecessary

Old 11-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #22

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

He is right. I have put about 800 round a through my smith and now the trigger is starting to feel a little smoother. I was ticked at first when I felt that trigger.

spit hell fire

Old 11-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 28 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
It seems like you are asking for opinions. Here's mine:

If you are not having any problems, don't change things.
If you do change things, have a way to get back to original condition if things don't work out.
you saved me the trouble. and carry vs competition pistols are worlds apart. if you carry a competition pistol, and ever have to use it, well...i know my county prosecutor wouldn't care if the bad guy was dropping a piano on your head. he'd be all in to put you away.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Check out a gunsmith called

Business end customs

Guys name is Lou.

I found him on the 1911 addicts forum. He does some really nice work to M&P's. I don't own an M&P (yet), but will be sending him a glock for some work.
Good luck....

Old 11-15-2012, 03:57 AM   #25

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

I e seen some wild looking m&ps out there. Can't recall where on internet but they looked awesome.

spit hell fire

Old 11-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #26

Liked 349 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 4

The Apex trigger is the mod most will suggest. Before doing so consider this. If it's your daily concealed carry and, (God forbid), you're forced to defend yourself, be aware that if you wind up in court, Mr. Bad Guy's lawyer will use it against you. Same with your choice of ammo. You'll be portrayed as someone who couldn't wait to shoot somebody. Just sayin.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #27

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn
The Apex trigger is the mod most will suggest. Before doing so consider this. If it's your daily concealed carry and, (God forbid), you're forced to defend yourself, be aware that if you wind up in court, Mr. Bad Guy's lawyer will use it against you. Same with your choice of ammo. You'll be portrayed as someone who couldn't wait to shoot somebody. Just sayin.
Um....yea. Gonna go ahead & pay the extra money for a good lawyer in the event that bogus argument is attempted. Just sayin.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #28

Liked 349 Times on 233 Posts

Might be a bogus argument where you live. Not here in Michigan.