AEK Trigger Kit -- Anything else needed?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > AEK Trigger Kit -- Anything else needed?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default AEK Trigger Kit -- Anything else needed?

Hey everyone!

I am looking into getting the AEK Trigger from Apex. (https://apextactical.com/store/product-info.php?pid60.html)

I know a lot of you recommend Apex kits.

Is there any other part/mod needed besides the AEK Kit to replace the stock trigger. I have seen their competition kits, but they do not recommend them for carry or self-defense use, which is what this pistol is for. I'd love to know if any of you bought the AEK kit, then found yourself needing to buy other parts as well?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I have the DCAEK in all of my M&P's and love them. I did not need anything else but am considering the purchase of the AEK trigger. I really like the way it feels in comparison to the factory hinged trigger. They are going to come out with a less expensive polymer version in the near future so I will probably hold out until then.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:46 PM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks for the input!

Im going with the AEK Trigger kit. Hopefully it will reduce the take up, and of course it should feel pretty great. Looking forward to it!

Smith & Wesson M&P .40 Full Size w/ Streamlight TLR-3
SIG Sauer SP2022 w/ Streamlight TLR-3 & Steel Guide Rod
Beretta U22 Neos 6" Barrel w/ Pride Fowler SOPS-33m Red Dot
AR-15 Budget Build - Palmetto State Armory Lower, DPMS Upper, Magpul MOE Furniture

Old 09-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #4

I put them into my M&Ps. Simple to install. I watched Randy Lee of APEX on a how to do on YouTube

Much better than the factory trigger, IMHO.

Before hand, I contacted Mas Ayoob and asked him if there'd be a problem with a change in the trigger if the weapon was used in self defense. He wrote back as long as the trigger was within factory specs, it was good to go. It was according to my trigger scale (exception was the completion trigger in my Pro 40, which I wanted to make lighter.)

Enjoy.