Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > 9c mag release problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 07:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default 9c mag release problem

Every once in awhile I find somehow the mag release has let the mag loose unintendedly, its yet to fall out(luckily) I open carry in a blackhawk nylon holtster that covers the release so I'm trying to figure out exactly how it happens? So far I've only noticed it as I'm putting in my nightstand drawer for the night. Anyone know of a problem or most importantly a fix?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2014, 07:35 PM   #2

Liked 1016 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 346

I had the same issue with a Ruger P95. When I held the gun up so I could look down the slide from the rear I could see that the mag release buttons both stuck out past the grip. I just used a dremel tool to cut the buttons down so the grip covered the buttons. Make sure to use masking tape in case the dremel tool touches the areas you don't want to cut.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Could be the holster! Since it's soft nylon, a good bump could push the holster into the mag release, unintentionally releasing it. Try pressing through the holster with your thumb or palm and see if it drops.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #4

Liked 26 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I decided to take a two prong attack, I took the dremal(aka gun wrecker) and reworked the spring channel on the mag release and take some material off the outside. Hopefully it'll be enough, now gotta find something w a rough surface to stipple it......