Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > 9

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 11:43 PM   #11
I am the Fanman
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 403 Times on 239 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158

Lol yeah but I would rather not shoot my self or some other poor sob on accident. **** happens man
if the safety is all that keeps that from happening then it sounds like you are not practicing good saftey fudementals mainly keep finger off until ready to shoot and don't point unless you intend on shooting. I have mine without a safety and I would with out question carry this gun and not worry about it.

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 06-20-2012, 12:59 AM   #12

Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman3

if the safety is all that keeps that from happening then it sounds like you are not practicing good saftey fudementals mainly keep finger off until ready to shoot and don't point unless you intend on shooting. I have mine without a safety and I would with out question carry this gun and not worry about it.
Yeah, but thats why there called accidents.I'm sure there good guns I'm just strange about some things. Im not one to buy a gun that I have to alter to fell it's safe.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #13

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1158 View Post
Yeah, but thats why there called accidents.I'm sure there good guns I'm just strange about some things. Im not one to buy a gun that I have to alter to fell it's safe.
Re-read the quote in your post. The M&P comes with or without an external safety. It has the safety trigger system and is a safe gun to carry without the external safety. Much like a Glock it will not go BOOM if you "keep your Booger Picker off of the Boom Boom Switch"-Cane.

As for the accidents, most of the time it is just plain negligence of safety.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #14

Liked 123 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Actually, the safe action trigger is more safe than the conventional safeties on most pistols.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 06-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #15

Liked 359 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I have a thumb safety on my 9C and I can't tell you how many times I've gone to put it on before heading out the door and the safety has been off or walking around with it holstered and it has come off.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 06-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4474 Times on 2359 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Locked because title and original post makes no sense. Leaving open invites flaming.

Op please repost your question with a proper title and enough information in the post so folks can help you.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Closed Thread