.45 vs others?


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > M&P Forum > .45 vs others?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 416
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Default .45 vs others?

Are the .45 m&p pistols any larger than the 9mm, .40, etc. m&p pistols as far as slide, frame or anything?



__________________
broke-again124 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 08-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 119
Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke-again124
Are the .45 m&p pistols any larger than the 9mm, .40, etc. m&p pistols as far as slide, frame or anything?
Yes, they are larger. Same as the glocks. The parts are scaled at about the same variances as the rounds... (I.e. the M&P 45 is as much larger than the M&P 40 as .45acp rounds are larger than .40...)

My advice is head down to your local gun shop. Try 'em in hand. With the M&P series, the adjustable backstraps can help fit your hand better whether large or small...


__________________
StoneCat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:02 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 416
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCat

Yes, they are larger. Same as the glocks. The parts are scaled at about the same variances as the rounds... (I.e. the M&P 45 is as much larger than the M&P 40 as .45acp rounds are larger than .40...)

My advice is head down to your local gun shop. Try 'em in hand. With the M&P series, the adjustable backstraps can help fit your hand better whether large or small...
I'm between a new m&p or Springfield xdm. Combat sidearm application. Prob gonna end up being 9mm, so I was just wondering. Thanks!!!
__________________
broke-again124 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Wiseman3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fresno,California
Posts: 1,206
Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

9mm .40 Cal are 4" barrels .45 has 4.250 inch barrel

__________________

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Wiseman3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 119
Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke-again124

I'm between a new m&p or Springfield xdm. Combat sidearm application. Prob gonna end up being 9mm, so I was just wondering. Thanks!!!
I love my dept issued m&p40, but the XD(m) series has higher capacity in the 9mm dept, I believe.

Both are fine guns.

One consideration is that there is a booming modular aftermarket for the M&P's (such as Haley Strategic's mag release and trigger upgrades...)
__________________
StoneCat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:08 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 416
Liked 23 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCat

I love my dept issued m&p40, but the XD(m) series has higher capacity in the 9mm dept, I believe.

Both are fine guns.

One consideration is that there is a booming modular aftermarket for the M&P's (such as Haley Strategic's mag release and trigger upgrades...)
As in "Travis Haley" ?
__________________
broke-again124 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 119
Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broke-again124

As in "Travis Haley" ?
Yes. His company
__________________
StoneCat is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
psymmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 165
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman3
9mm .40 Cal are 4" barrels .45 has 4.250 inch barrel
Oddly enough it's the other way around. 9mm/.40 are 4.25" barrel. The pro series come in a 5" barrel. And .45 is 4" barrel. Although there is a version of the .45 that comes in 4.5" barrel


__________________
psymmonds is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes