Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   M&P Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   .45 vs others? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f166/45-vs-others-71383/)

broke-again124 08-29-2012 08:59 PM

.45 vs others?
 
Are the .45 m&p pistols any larger than the 9mm, .40, etc. m&p pistols as far as slide, frame or anything?

StoneCat 08-29-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broke-again124
Are the .45 m&p pistols any larger than the 9mm, .40, etc. m&p pistols as far as slide, frame or anything?

Yes, they are larger. Same as the glocks. The parts are scaled at about the same variances as the rounds... (I.e. the M&P 45 is as much larger than the M&P 40 as .45acp rounds are larger than .40...)

My advice is head down to your local gun shop. Try 'em in hand. With the M&P series, the adjustable backstraps can help fit your hand better whether large or small...

broke-again124 08-30-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneCat

Yes, they are larger. Same as the glocks. The parts are scaled at about the same variances as the rounds... (I.e. the M&P 45 is as much larger than the M&P 40 as .45acp rounds are larger than .40...)

My advice is head down to your local gun shop. Try 'em in hand. With the M&P series, the adjustable backstraps can help fit your hand better whether large or small...

I'm between a new m&p or Springfield xdm. Combat sidearm application. Prob gonna end up being 9mm, so I was just wondering. Thanks!!!

Wiseman3 08-30-2012 01:27 PM

9mm .40 Cal are 4" barrels .45 has 4.250 inch barrel

StoneCat 08-30-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broke-again124

I'm between a new m&p or Springfield xdm. Combat sidearm application. Prob gonna end up being 9mm, so I was just wondering. Thanks!!!

I love my dept issued m&p40, but the XD(m) series has higher capacity in the 9mm dept, I believe.

Both are fine guns.

One consideration is that there is a booming modular aftermarket for the M&P's (such as Haley Strategic's mag release and trigger upgrades...)

broke-again124 08-30-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneCat

I love my dept issued m&p40, but the XD(m) series has higher capacity in the 9mm dept, I believe.

Both are fine guns.

One consideration is that there is a booming modular aftermarket for the M&P's (such as Haley Strategic's mag release and trigger upgrades...)

As in "Travis Haley" ?

StoneCat 08-30-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broke-again124

As in "Travis Haley" ?

Yes. His company

psymmonds 09-04-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiseman3
9mm .40 Cal are 4" barrels .45 has 4.250 inch barrel

Oddly enough it's the other way around. 9mm/.40 are 4.25" barrel. The pro series come in a 5" barrel. And .45 is 4" barrel. Although there is a version of the .45 that comes in 4.5" barrel


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:25 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.