Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Canada > Whole sale sports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Whole sale sports

Just a little curious since the only time I've gone to the store wasn't the greatest of experiences.

How do you guys like this retailer? Don't have to of dealt with them in person, could of ordered from them as well.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

Not the greatest. Friendly service but they really didn't know what they were talking about

Old 04-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #3

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1924

Other than the lectures I've had to give sales staff who asked for my I.D. when I was buying powder or bullets and other than the huffy duds who work at the gun counter, I like them fine.

I've had good service from a woman at the WSS gun counter and I've had good service from their mail order department. I'd rank Bass Pro ahead of them, tho.

Cabelas is just as bad. I bought a rifle at Cabelas a few months ago and they took I.D. and wrote it in their book (registry?) and would not give it to me until we were physically outside the store. Nobody else in Alberta had that rifle or I'd have left it. That is the last time I will pay $1,000+ for something and leave feeling dirty. If they have a problem with guns or gun buyers, maybe they should sell groceries.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #4

I'm not really surprised there was issues at the gun counter. Their the same set I've had troubles with. I've also just recently boughten a scope from there, same counter as the rifles.

I never thought to really check the scope out until I was already about half hour away from the store, wish I did sooner. It was very obviously a display model or something. There was gouges in the batter compartments lid (has illuminated reticle), and the battery was missing.

The mail order was great though, I will admit that. I'm thinking about giving them a third in store go and seeing how that goes.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #5

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1924

I've had some limited but good dealings with Prophet River; they are up your way. Have heard lots of good things about them, too. You might want to give them a try? I spend a fair bit at Sportsman's Den in Red Deer; even though Dale is not the cheapest in the land his prices are close enough and he is supportive of gun owners. I don't see the same interest in our issues among the big box stores (although I've certainly spent a buck or two in them myself) and think we/I should remember more often who our friends are.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:18 AM   #6

I've stuck my head in Prophet River two or three times, I haven't boughten anything from them, yet. But they never had that "if your not buying, get out" attitude. I'm sure my next buy will be from them, they've got a small but good selection. I was actually surprised when he told me they don't sell snap caps.

As for any where outside of Lloyd minister and Edmonton, I haven't really looked at. I've also only been to Cabela's once, and that was to get my 770.

I like to keep track of the smaller shops too, but I've only found on close to me. That's CJ's firearms, which is pretty much a mom and pop shop done out of their basement. He's a cool guy and will try and get what you're looking for if he doesn't have it. I do agree with knowing who is and isn't very friendly though.