U.S. gun enthusiasts angered by arrest of gun-toting lovebird at Canadian border
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Canada > U.S. gun enthusiasts angered by arrest of gun-toting lovebird at Canadian border

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2014, 11:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Default U.S. gun enthusiasts angered by arrest of gun-toting lovebird at Canadian border

This is g-d'mned embarrassing.

“Screw Canada.”

“Another reason not to venture to the dark north.”

Gun-related message boards lit up this week over news of the arrest of an American man at the Canadian border.

Retired U.S. Army sergeant major Louis DiNatale and his wife were on a romantic getaway from Kentucky to Vermont when they say their GPS led them astray to the border.

When DiNatale failed to declare a loaded handgun in the centre console — he says he simply forgot it was there — he was detained for four days and now faces gun-smuggling charges that could land him in prison for three years.

“It was an honest mistake,” DiNatale, 46, told Postmedia News Wednesday from Louisville, where he works as a paralegal for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.

“There’s not even a traffic ticket in my background. Why would I come to Canada to bring a small weapon to smuggle in?”.............

I hope LOTS of Americans speak up about this bull-it.

This is nothing more than cousins of the same scum-sucking gun grabbing fear mongers that you see in the U.S. who are up here wearing a friggin' uniform.

I did the same darned thing years across when I crossed into MT with a whole van load of guns that I'd been shooting earlier in the day and just forgot to take out. That U.S. border guard didn't exactly think it was funny, but he did allow me to abandon my trip to Babb for fireworks, do a U-turn and head home.

This is just plain outrageous. The guy was no threat whatsoever. This performance is just part of the constant, irrational fear-mongering we have to put up with. North of the 49th that fear-mongering includes references to American "Gun Culture", whatever the he!! that is. I hope there is a huge uproar. I truly do. Poor bugger.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 02-07-2014 at 12:00 AM.
bluez Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2014, 12:25 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2947 Times on 1534 Posts
Likes Given: 262

Their Country, their laws. Don't venture there unless you are prepared to deal with their justice system. Too bad we don't treat our Southern border the same way.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-07-2014, 01:28 AM   #3

Maybe so, but these gun control laws come from the East and there's a whole lot of us who oppose it pretty passionately and won't ever accept irrational laws like these. This is where irrational laws take us - to the nut house.

As for the rest, there's no excuse for rude behaviour. Border guards pulling their guns on this unarmed, non-threat and his GF was just plain rude. I'd say the same if it was yours. Somewhere in the piece, there has to be a brain operating the uniform.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:42 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2947 Times on 1534 Posts
Likes Given: 262

I am certainly not AGREEING with the Canadian laws. Just ignorant. A friend of mine (Peace Officer) goes on a month long motorcycle trip each year. He went to Canada a few years back. He stopped at the US Border station and left his handgun with them. Crossed into Canada and caught Hell. They saw his Texas plates and Department ID card and grilled him as to where his gun was. He replied he had left it with the US authorities. They wanted to see a receipt. He had not gotten one from them. Canadians simply would not believe he would leave his gun with someone and not get a receipt. He told them they were fellow officers and he trusted them. Canadians practically dismantled his Gold Wing. He'll never go back and spend a red cent in Canada.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-07-2014, 02:03 AM   #5

Liked 117 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I love Canada. I go to Northern Ontario on a fishing trip every year and would actually like to live there if it wasn't such a liberal fool's paradise. I understand things are improving just a bit in recent years (they repealed the long gun registry, for example) but they still have a long way to go. Canada is slowly but surely realizing the folly of liberalism while the US is charging down the liberal broad road that leads to destruction at break neck speed. The sad thing is that, just like the US, the urban morons are calling the shots in Canada. All the Canadians I know live in small towns or out in the country. They're great people with good heads on their shoulders. Too bad they're outnumbered by liberal wienie knuckleheads in places like Toronto and Montreal. Just like the US. If it weren't for NYC, Boston, DC, LA, San Fran, etc., etc. this would be a great country. As it is, sensible, freedom loving people in small town America are governed by know nothing liberal elitists that couldn't get a job shoveling **** if it weren't for all the votes they get from their kinfolk in the big cities.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:07 AM   #6

Liked 1077 Times on 716 Posts
Likes Given: 710

So what was the big deal there? Couldn't they just take a short walk south and ask the US Border Patrol if he left a gun with them?

Old 02-07-2014, 02:22 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 943 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 206

He broke the law, time to do the time.

Several people from Detroit have gone over to Ontario carrying, accidentally, forgot about it, or suddenly ended up on the bridge.

Their country, their sovereign laws... what usually happens is a huge painful fine and sent on their way.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
I am certainly not AGREEING with the Canadian laws. Just ignorant...........
Yes, indeed, our gun laws are ignorant.

There is not enough space here for me to tell you the entire story of my last encounter with those snot-nosed, pimply-faced gun zombies who work in the RCMP Firearms Centre drawing government salary and benefits to pester law-abiding tax payers like me. Let's just say it ended with my appropriate reaction to her threat and I finally got what I wanted all along - and which she should've processed with a simple: "Yes, sir." Some people just can't stay human with a little power. Anyway....

Then there was the time I had to convince one of them that there really was a .264 Winchester Magnum (which I was then trying to register in order to purchase it).

Our present Prime Minister Harper got elected on a promise to repeal a big chunk of the B.S. known as the "Firearms Act.". We're still waiting.

It didn't used to be like this up here. We used to have laws that mostly made sense and LE that weren't afraid to apply some sensible discretion. Now, we're so far down the Rabbit Hole I'm not sure we can ever find out way out.

FWIW, part of the reason I started posting here was so more of you can see where the soothing propaganda about gun control, warm puppies and children will take you. GRrrrrrr.

Last edited by Rocky7; 02-07-2014 at 02:26 AM.
blackxpress Likes This 
Old 02-07-2014, 02:29 AM   #9

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I have been a victim of the pistolphobes . As I have posted before on this forum I was held for 4 hours by the RCMP. During a spot check at the Western Border they discovered my Concealed Carry Permits and NRA Handgun Inst. ID. They went crazy. They said only criminals carried concealed weapons. The "Bastards" ran a BG check on me. Just never visit Canada, I will never again.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
So what was the big deal there? Couldn't they just take a short walk south and ask the US Border Patrol if he left a gun with them?
Exactly!

The whole thing could've been avoided if they just let him make the U-turn. Why didn't they? Bullies, that's why.

Now, he's under the thumb of those rotten Ontario prosecutors. That's the bunch that prosecuted Ian Thompson for firing a few shots with a handgun to scare of a couple of inbred rednecks who were in the process of firebombing his house - WITH HIM IN IT. The homeowner was charged with "unsafe storage", etc. One of the brainiac prosecutors during cross-examination at trial was making a big deal out of there being no empty cartridge cases on the front porch where he said the shooting went on. - Thompson used a revolver!

Last edited by Rocky7; 02-07-2014 at 02:37 AM.