Soldiers are still dying - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Canada >

Soldiers are still dying

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #11
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8934 Times on 5345 Posts
Likes Given: 11938

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimL2952 View Post
This is my dilemma...It seems really similar to the bullying problem in the States. We know bullying has been going on forever, but it's just now, in the past few years, that people have began to kill themselves over it and the media is talking about it.
I think the bullying situation has gotten worse since victims could be stalked at not only the schools but in cyberspace.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #12

Liked 1397 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

I get the point about bullying and maybe we'd both agree that the traditional solution of a punch in the mouth has always been the best way to deal with most of that rather than getting into a tizzy about it.

But this thing with veterans is different for me. I've never liked the idea of someone fighting my fights for me and that's what I see when some guys in uniform go to stinky, dark or hot places to fight, bleed and/or die. It seems to me that we owe them an honest effort to help to pick up the pieces regardless whether or not we personally agreed with the mission. The fact is they were sent and they went.

And I do understand that some people will kill themselves regardless of any past military service. I even understand that maybe this is as good as it gets. What I don't understand is why the effort is not better. And I don't understand why some other rubbish has a higher priority.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

I totally agree with you Rocky, we spend billions on people that won't work for a living but yet find it so hard to help out our returning soldiers. They should be priority ONE in this country for what they've gone through. My earlier point was simply this: people back a few generations had harder lives and they were tough before they ever hit boot camp. A lot of kids these days on the other hand, have more sheltered, pampered lives. Maybe it makes a difference in how they react to the horrors of war. WWII and WWI were both terrible struggles but the men seemed to adjust better when they returned. I don't know, all I really know is they should be given all the help and support they need.
People Like This 
Old 12-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22315 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
I totally agree with you Rocky, we spend billions on people that won't work for a living but yet find it so hard to help out our returning soldiers. They should be priority ONE in this country for what they've gone through. My earlier point was simply this: people back a few generations had harder lives and they were tough before they ever hit boot camp. A lot of kids these days on the other hand, have more sheltered, pampered lives. Maybe it makes a difference in how they react to the horrors of war. WWII and WWI were both terrible struggles but the men seemed to adjust better when they returned. I don't know, all I really know is they should be given all the help and support they need.
this has been an issue for me for some years now. our own government supports and props up people who exist only form taking from the government, but contribute nothing in return, but our veerans who took an oath to defend our rights and freedoms and many who have sacrificed their time, their own lives and health are not supported as equally.

the money spent on welfare and social programs, like food stamps, monthly welfare checks, housing assistance, utility subsidies and free phones, is money that could be helping returning servicemen and women, plus our veterans. IMO, they ae way more deserving of that help than lazy deadbeats who take, but give nothing in return.
People Like This 
Old 12-05-2013, 10:18 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Yep, as far as I'm concerned, they all need to work for what they get. If that means breaking big rocks into little ones, so be it. Taking money out of the hands of those that deserve it and giving it to people that don't is a national disgrace.
People Like This 
Old 12-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
Yep, as far as I'm concerned, they all need to work for what they get. If that means breaking big rocks into little ones, so be it. Taking money out of the hands of those that deserve it and giving it to people that don't is a national disgrace.
it's been going on for far too long and at the expense of our servicemen, women, veterans and their families.

this county will spend more money on lazy deadbeats than those who swore an oath and made sacrifices for our country.

yes, that is a very huge disgrace. i truly wish there was a way to reverse that situation.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #17
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8247 Times on 4249 Posts
Likes Given: 9495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
it's been going on for far too long and at the expense of our servicemen, women, veterans and their families.

this county will spend more money on lazy deadbeats than those who swore an oath and made sacrifices for our country.

yes, that is a very huge disgrace. i truly wish there was a way to reverse that situation.
The effect of stealing from one and giving some of it another is to bring everyone down and nobody up! Mutually assured Mediocrity. Im a very proud Veteran that doesnt want a thing free from my government except my rights and Freedoms. Most of us feel that way, all we require is what any Employer is required to do by law, fix us if you break us and pay us fairly for our labors.

As a young man, I had few choices that fell short of chasing the American Dream. Some were better than other, I was an idiot for not choosing College over the military but either way, Ive done OK. I never had a choice to stand in a line and beg for a check I did not earn but had that been a choice, why wouldnt I have considered it?

I would have for sure, it took years to earn what folks now get for doing nothing at all! I lived off crap, in a sh!tty little trailer, drove a POS whatever and could barely afford to heat my home much less eat! At some point during that I equaled the income of the loafer I could have become from the gitgo then surpassed it and never stopped moving! What is the impetus for a kid to reach for the brass ring when someone will hand them the plastic one for doing nothing?
People Like This 
Old 12-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
The effect of stealing from one and giving some of it another is to bring everyone down and nobody up! Mutually assured Mediocrity. Im a very proud Veteran that doesnt want a thing free from my government except my rights and Freedoms. Most of us feel that way, all we require is what any Employer is required to do by law, fix us if you break us and pay us fairly for our labors.

As a young man, I had few choices that fell short of chasing the American Dream. Some were better than other, I was an idiot for not choosing College over the military but either way, Ive done OK. I never had a choice to stand in a line and beg for a check I did not earn but had that been a choice, why wouldnt I have considered it?

I would have for sure, it took years to earn what folks now get for doing nothing at all! I lived off crap, in a sh!tty little trailer, drove a POS whatever and could barely afford to heat my home much less eat! At some point during that I equaled the income of the loafer I could have become from the gitgo then surpassed it and never stopped moving! What is the impetus for a kid to reach for the brass ring when someone will hand them the plastic one for doing nothing?
when you give someone something without expecting anything in return, thye lose any incentive in doing anything to better themselves.

growing up, my father never just gave my brother and i anything we wanted like other kids got from their parents. we had to work for it. my father always had good jobs and made pretty decent money, but he never squandered his money, and our family always had a roff over our heads, plenty of food to eat and decent clothes to wear. what he did give us for free was a good work ethic which has paid off well over the years. was it easy the last 35 years or so? hell no! but everything i have, was because my father taught usto work and earn our way in life.

when you just give someone something without any expectation of having earned it, a person many time doesn't respect that something or take care of it.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #19
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8247 Times on 4249 Posts
Likes Given: 9495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
when you give someone something without expecting anything in return, thye lose any incentive in doing anything to better themselves.

growing up, my father never just gave my brother and i anything we wanted like other kids got from their parents. we had to work for it. my father always had good jobs and made pretty decent money, but he never squandered his money, and our family always had a roff over our heads, plenty of food to eat and decent clothes to wear. what he did give us for free was a good work ethic which has paid off well over the years. was it easy the last 35 years or so? hell no! but everything i have, was because my father taught usto work and earn our way in life.

when you just give someone something without any expectation of having earned it, a person many time doesn't respect that something or take care of it.
Yes very true, I had a Mom that gave us the same values after my Dad died young. Sadly, too many of the parents now a days are not there to teach their kids morals, just how to get in the right line for free stuff!!
Axxe55 Likes This